Ok .. How Does This happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok .. How Does This happen?

My power steering cap split, into two pieces .. (that lil red cap?) It's split .. like it exploded.

I got into my car, started it .. and I heard what I thought was a gurgleing water pump ..
    Knowing that I have a new W/P .. I popped the hood to investigate .. I see no cap
    on my power steering reservoir .. and find it in two pieces laying on my motor ..

Is this unit under some sorta pressure? If not .. (and I dont believe it is) howd this happen?
    The flat cap part .. sheared off at the 3 red rings .. weird ass shit mang ..

Errrrr .. anyone have a cap laying around they wanna send me? It'll look alot better
    then the paper towel I have twisted and wadded up in the reservoir right now ..

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Weird.

Junkyard.
    Dealer.
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...P.S.+HOSE-PIPE
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

go to the junkyard and take the cap and put it in ur pocket. free. u only spend 1 dollar for the entrance.
      DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

the pressure in the system probably shot back to the resevior and the cap flew up and hit the hood and crak, that cap is brittle plastic.....mine did that but lucky i had my hood open so it shot out into the dirt ground.....

Comment

cut a trash bag wrap it over and put a rubber band around it.
          ]

Comment

Or maybe its a sign from your car that you need more power and to ditch the power steering to feel the road better. Hey this way its much better off ditch the power steering = more room your cars enginebay will love you for it while your at it take out the powersteering and the cruise control

Comment

Actually he doesn't have power steering, but he still has the resevoir.

Hey, when I saw your car at the meet, it looked like you had half a cap stuffed in the nozzle, I didn't mention it cuz I figured you knew.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Caution
                the pressure in the system probably shot back to the resevior and the cap flew up and hit the hood and crak, that cap is brittle plastic.....mine did that but lucky i had my hood open so it shot out into the dirt ground.....
                Ahh haaa .. sooo .. it does have pressure huhhh .. amazing ... I learn everyday ..

Originally posted by accordaffair
                Actually he doesn't have power steering, but he still has the resevoir.

Hey, when I saw your car at the meet, it looked like you had half a cap stuffed in the nozzle, I didn't mention it cuz I figured you knew.
                Oh .. welll, thaaaanks .. lol lol .. hmm, wish ya'd a said sumthin .. heheheh
                Find me a cap .. heheh, I know you got one laying around somewhere ..

And LMAO at Sparkle .. I hate *signs* .. heheh .. I always ignore them .. but you're right,
                I neeeed more power .. hahaha .. nahhh, I gots enuff ponies .. umm ya .. I dont have
                the P/S anymore cuz well, I think its all leaking at the rack, and .. well, I'm too lazy
                to remove all that shit .. besides .. I love my CC

Thanks Guys !!!
                Tomi

Comment

the cap split into two pieces!? fo real? too much pakalolo is bad for the brain...lol. jk.

Comment

My old prelude did the same thing, but the cap stayed intact. I was at work, moved the car, and there was a snail trail of oil. Poped the hood, and there was PS fluid all over the resivour, cap just sitting in the engine bay. I was worried about it, but I never even added fluid after. least it didn't lose an oil seal or something.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                      go to the junkyard and take the cap and put it in ur pocket. free. u only spend 1 dollar for the entrance.
                      A junk yard probably wouldn't charge him more that $.50 cents for it. and he wouldn't have to feel like a scum bag if he paid for it.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by opposite
                        the cap split into two pieces!? fo real? too much pakalolo is bad for the brain...lol. jk.
                        Heheheh .. Shhh ! Then again, too much anything is bad for .. well, you know .. everything

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        A junk yard probably wouldn't charge him more that $.50 cents for it. and he wouldn't have to feel like a scum bag if he paid for it.
                        Yep .. and I'll be going soon also .. and why go for just that? I'll bring home some .. stuff ..

I Like .. Stuff ..
                        Tomi

Comment

Working...
                        X