VSS Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSS Question.

Well my VSS is being a lil bitch and its annoying me. First of all this all happened after i swapped in my h23 trans when it had the F22A trans it was fine. Well we changed two of that main long shafts (from my old one and the h23 one) 3 VSS and knowing two of them work, and Checked the wiring which is unscathed and just fine. The only other thing that my buddy came up with was the countershaft which is inside the trans but he says it looks like where they are meshed and if that part was messed up it would cause some driveability probs which I am not having. So my final question is would the gauge cluster be a good culprit? All my CEL lights, tach, temp, fuel all work except for the speedo. So Im just wondering if it could be just my gauge cluster being a lil bitch. Thanks in advance for the help.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

not really sure, maybe when ever u have time, take the guage cluster, off then find the wire on the harness that connects to the speedo and make sure u ahve voltage or a signal going to it,

cp mike did a guage cluster diy, maybe ask him for what wire it was since he has a good manual
    Members Ride

Comment

Hmm .. interesting .. no CEL code? Perhaps a compatibility issue?
      They're made for automatics and manuals also .. then again .. I think you already know that ..

Hope ya find the culprit ..
      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Yes it is throwing CEL 17. Alldata says to check the wiring if not the VSS unit itself and something else I forgot. Ill check the voltage to the cluster whenever I got time thanks. I recently pulled of my Blitz power meter which was spliced right into the speedo gauge. So dunno might have to check it out even though it was still doing it before I took it out.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well, if its throwing code 17 .. thhhhats the booger .. lol .. bad vss ..
          Alltho .. if you had splices, and say it was doing that before you took out the power meter ..
          Hmmmm .. I dunno man .. test each wire?

The manual vss units are different then the auto units .. you couldnt have the wrong one in .. no?
          I only know that they're different .. whether they fit or not .. I have no clue .. prolly not

Sucks when wiring issue's arise ..
          Tomi

Comment

if just your spedo didn't work, it wouldn't throw a CEL. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
              if just your spedo didn't work, it wouldn't throw a CEL. later.
              Yep. All 3 vss were manual. Two from an H23, and my old f22a6 one. I dunno this is confusing me a lot. Ive traced the wiring havent seen anything no cuts or anything. Another thing was that I swapped ECU to my buddy p13 to see if that was the problem but still doesnt work. I might check to see if the pin is still sitting right in the plug on my ECU but dunno. This is pissin me off I cant use FTL =(. I hope I get this fixed by next week.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

u can use the top part of the sensor in either car, the actucal gear is the only one different, auto ones, that little piece for the bolt is shorter than manuals, i know this from experience
                Members Ride

Comment

If its my countershaft which is what its looking more like I might see if this trans is still under warranty and buy another...*** this sucks.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah my speedo has not worked since my swap. fuck it! Who cares how fast im going.

I ripped the wires out of the sensor harness thing oh well

Comment

blackcb7 .. this is but ... OMG !!!! That avi is just a fawkin CRACK Up !!!

Hana Hou !!!
                      Tomi

Comment

thanks
                        Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                        X