Gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas mileage

Usually I get about 330 mile per tank around town. About 400 on the highway. But last fill up I noticed that I only got about 250 or so. I was really shocked. This is the first time that has happened.

I know there could be a lot of reason as to why my mileage drastically decreased within the last month. But is there any obvious things I should check? Someone mentioned spark plugs. What about the fuel filter? That was changed less than 2 years ago so it should be OK.

Any ideas? With the current prices of gas I can't afford to lose those miles.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

yeah gas is rediculous.... i payed 1.76 yesterday the lowest place i usually go has been 1.63 and even that went up to 1.67 im pissed this is making me more poor then i normallly am

Comment

Well consider yourself lucky. If you can find gas cheaper than $2.00 around here you're lucky.
      "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Bingo. I've been paying about $2.40 the last couple of weeks (premium)

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
          Why do you buy premium?
          TBILL
          92 Accord EX Coupe
          CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
          CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

Yeah I wish I could afford premium.

Oh and, anyone have ideas about my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by TBILL
              Why do you buy premium?
              Check the pics in my sig

Comment

ya its around $2 a gallon here in the seattle area. were getting jacked here in the west coast..

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                  Yeah I wish I could afford premium.

Oh and, anyone have ideas about my problem?
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=mileage
                  TBILL
                  92 Accord EX Coupe
                  CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
                  CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

hmm well I think I will start at the plugs. I've never touched them in the almost 5 years I've owned the car. On the other side, my fuel filter has been changed, the distrubutor was complete replaced, and I have ran injector cleaner. Of course that was 3 years ago so I probably will run some more through the system.

I'm thinking it has to be the plugs.

Comment

you could always panhandle....then buy a syphon and bootleg some gas outside the gas station
                      I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                        Dude, if that H22 is internally stock, you DON'T need to run premium.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i payed $2.12 for a gallon this morning and thats cheap compared to other gas stations in my area

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                            Dude, if that H22 is internally stock, you DON'T need to run premium.
                            Now that I have never heard. Heck, I feel the computer backing off every once in a while running with premium. Probably will run terribly with anything lower.

Comment

Just another 2c. Im averaging about 290 per tank at about 1.75/gal. Usually between 21 and 23 mpg..
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X