Idle get messed up after using the ac.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle get messed up after using the ac.

What the hell is causing my idle to get all funky after i drive with the ac on ? Ok so my car idles fine each and every day. When i go to use my ac the idle kicks up a bit and thats fine and normal. My problem starts when i turn the ac off the freaking idle jumps to about 1300 rpm and stays there. Some times it goes higher close to 2k rpm's if i drive more. Anyone know what controls the idle when you turn the air on ?? HELP !!. Some times i have to let it sit for 15-30 mins before the idle is back to normal.

Check your coolant level? Bleed the system properly? You can check your IAC that controls your idle.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Its not any of that stuff. Kinda why i want to know what controls the idle when the ac comes on.

Comment

Nighty night bump. Would like to figure this out so i can try and fix it tomorrow.

Comment

I believe the eacv is responsible for controlling the idle under load.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I know its not the eacv. I did manifold swap and used that eacv also. I know everyone says its the normal common problems im having but this is different. My day to day idle is great... Cleaning the eacv help with my bouncing idle months ago but this is not a bouncing idle problem this time. It's only when i use the ac and drive for a while then shut the ac off it starts doing this. Its done this from day one when i got the car. Coolent was flushed and bled along with a very clean A6 intake mani installed all new gaskets on the intake and new o rings on the iac/ficv ive swaped the parts out with known good ones and still nothing. Im at a total lose here.

Comment

just a possible idea

ac diode or faulty a/c relay maybe?

Comment

Working...
              X