My Day At The Junkyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Day At The Junkyard

well.. there was VERY few part i need. the intermediate shaft and a throw out bearing and the bolt on the flywheels. i was at the junkyard for an hour for one thing only.. the flywheel bolt. couldnt get it for shit. i didnt have the proper tools i had all hexagon shape.. 17mm didnt fix neither 19.. and i dont have 18. dont think they make 18.. am i right??? .. so it was a star shape i remember cpmike mention using a 17 socket but that wouldnt go in for shit. i use a hammer to punch it in it wasnt workin at all. so.. gonna go to the store to get a socket that's around those size and try takin out my auto flywheel bolt and see if it come out. i think their the same size... when i took out the intermediate shaft. and went to pay for it. i realize. they charge me the same price as a full axle.. i couldve gotten the axle and the intermediate shaft they were lookin pretty good. pulled it out a 93 f22a6. i should've gotten the whole piece. oh well.. lesson learn. i also gotten the tranny mount but none of the accord there tranny mount were good.. so i remember reading a thread where u fill in ur mount to make dem solid and strong again. i'ma try that to fix my tranny mount. other than that.. tmw.. if everything goes right i should be drivin my car by tmw night.. and i'ma video clip it. it should be gangsta.. if not.. then saturday for shure.
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

I believe those flywheel bolts are 17mm BUT they are 12 point, and not 6 point. So, you'll need a good quality 17mm 12pt. for those! Good luck and those bolts shouldn't give you any trouble but get a decent socket just in case. Hopefully those bolts are still okay or you'll have to find another honda to pull them from

Comment

What granite said. The flywheel bolts are 12 points and 17mm. Get you a lil breaker bar and may need something to hold the flywheel in place.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

werd 17mm 12pt for the flywheel....12mm 12pt for the pressure plate i think

careful not to strip those...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i'ma have trouble getting to the pressure plate becuz at the junkyard they took the tranny out in some of the manual cars. so the flywheel is right there for me to take.. but if i want the pressure plate.. wow.. i gotta find a tranny and take it out the engine. aint see no tranny sittin without an engine in no accord. fo real tmw (friday) i'ma work on my accord all day till i finish it. i want to freakin drive it already. if it last till 11pm at night then 11pm it is. dun care. starting tmw getting the parts at the junkyard be home at least 12. and start puttin that dam manual in it. hey yo. when i pull out a cv axle driver side. i noticed that when i pull it out afta pryin it out the intermediate shaft sumthing pop out of place inside the boot. is that okay? or did i fucked it up?
          DEFJAM

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            werd 17mm 12pt for the flywheel....10mm 12pt for the pressure plate i think

careful not to strip those...
            fixed it for you.
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I've got all but 2 of the flywheel bolts (the 17mm ones) if you want them. Also got a flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate (all with about 170k on them :P)
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

i got all but the flywheel bolt and throw out bearing. i'll have em tmw i'ma strip it outta the f22a4 with 65k miles that i saw at the junkyard.
                DEFJAM

Comment

TODAY!!! i went back to the junkyard.. the car with 65k miles look horrible! it been strip to death! engine look bad now.. too late for anything.. i need a flywheel bolt and a pressure plate bolt. i walk around the junkyard couple times i couldnt find a engine without it's transmission. so i went back to the 65k miles accord and plan to take the tranny outta that one just to get the freakin bolt. till i realize.. i gotta take out the axle. it was sorta a mission cuz the wheel keep spinnin and i realize i didnt have the 36mm socket!!! i left it home in the accord! dam. so there was no way i'ma get the tranny out unless i find one accord without the rotor. so i went for round 2 lookin for one without a rotor.. all of them had a rotor.. dam.. i try to take the tranny out without takin the axle out.. i couldnt. i triED! didnt workout.. so i felt angry that i drove all the way up ova here to this junkyard and leaving with nothing! there was few things i need for my car but it wasnt that important cuz i wanna use the money to get my car on the road.. while i was walkin.. i was lookin for engine that were on the floor and tranny might have some part i could take out or have it layin around somehwere.. and ... BOOM! i found an acura... sumthing!.. i dunno wut acura it was .. or maybe it was a honda prelude they sorta look the same as the acura. i found the engine layin under the engine bay on the floor and i saw the PRESSURE PLATE!! i was so happy i ran with a smile on my face and look! the pressure plate look the same! i saw the 12 point 10mm bolt on it and i took it out i was so happy it was one of the part i need. and i realize hte flywheel is behind it.. when i took out the clutch assembly i saw the flywheel and it had a 23 written on the bolt exactly wut cpmike said!! i was even more happy. it was a lil confusin to get the bolt out since the wheel kept moving so i put one pressure plate bolt in the flywheel and had a pry bar to hold it in place behind the thermostat! it help the flywheel to stop spinnin got em all off i was happy. but then.. i still need the throw out bearing.. which i couldnt get. i realize the axle were still in place so the tranny must've gotten out without takin out the axle from the rotor.. weird.. i dunno how it was done. by then i was pretty tired. i decided just to go ahead and buy a new one. came home. remove that skinny automatic flywheel lookin thing.. and put a manual flywheel on it. bolt in beautifully. i put in the pressure plate and all.. and realize. there was a tool for the flywheel alignment. when i look.. i found out why i need it. cuz the clutch thing between the flywheel and pressure plate was not sittin in perfectly in the middle.. i didnt have it. i was too mad i had enuff with going out for small parts thing. so i use my finger.. and from lookin at it it look pretty center. i use one eye and it looks perfect. so i'ma take the risk and do it like that. if it isnt perfect the tranny might move it a lil bit to make it center so i figure i'm good.. need a throw out bearing b4 i put the tranny on. i dunno how to install it but once i get it i'll figure it out.
                  DEFJAM

Comment

Working...
                  X