Vss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vss

Alright so yesterday i got a cel for my vss, and of course my speed doesn't work, so i'm like alright, it has to give out sometime, so today i go to a junkyard and paid 30 bucks for the complete assembly, i drop it in and went for a drive, and was all good, then i come to stop, i take off and look at my speedo and its a zero then the stupid cel comes on again, oh forgot to mention i did reset the ecu for the cel, so it comes on again, the all of a sudden it starts working again but the cel, the junkyard said it had a warranty so i will give them a call tommorow so i can get another one hopefully

anyways my question is could it also be my guage cluster, which i doubt because of the cel, or just a defective vss
    Members Ride

As mentioned if there is a CEL its something with the VSS or something with wiring. If it was the gauge it wouldnt throw a CEL but your gauge would be actign up. Same thing happened on my lil bro corolla. He has no CEL but his Speedo worked every now and then. WE pulled it out and replaced the speedo gauge and it worked fine after that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i am going to call the junkyard tomorow and get that replacement, i doubt its the damn guage,i was driving it right and when it does work, i goes to like 30 mph and then drops to zero, then the cel comes on, so i guess its just defective also
      Members Ride

Comment

Haha mine doesnt work at all I need to get a new VSS and see if that solves it.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          werd? it sucks cause of the cel and shitty power, plus no vtec, damn it
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            I haven't fix mine either my vss is crazy, I think because it is old. I also need to replace mine. My speedometer acts crazy jumping up and down when I'm stop, also the sports shift light starts blinking all the f** time it gets me on my nerve. and the car starts to idle then my check engine light comes up what could it be?
            ~3L BLaCkOuT~

Comment

i'm going to take a wild guess and say its ur vss also, damn it seems that everybody's is acting up
              Members Ride

Comment

hey black CB7 what junkyard did you go to???? cause i went and bought one the other week and i only paid $8 bucks

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                "2SIIC"
                Authentic Jerseys for sale
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                  hey black CB7 what junkyard did you go to???? cause i went and bought one the other week and i only paid $8 bucks
                  i went to one where they pull the parts for you, i would have gone to pick and pull but since i'm not 18 yet sometimes they let me in and sometimes they don't, plus today i had class at 3 so i thought i would just get it quick
                  Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 3lblackout
                    I haven't fix mine either my vss is crazy, I think because it is old. I also need to replace mine. My speedometer acts crazy jumping up and down when I'm stop, also the sports shift light starts blinking all the f** time it gets me on my nerve. and the car starts to idle then my check engine light comes up what could it be?
                    if the sport light blinks it means something is wrong with your tranny.
                    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                      i went to one where they pull the parts for you, i would have gone to pick and pull but since i'm not 18 yet sometimes they let me in and sometimes they don't, plus today i had class at 3 so i thought i would just get it quick

are you serious??? i never knew you had to be 18 and over to go into the junkyard ive been there when i was 16 and they didnt say anything

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                      "2SIIC"
                      Authentic Jerseys for sale
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Yea my bro, my accord, and my mkIII all the VSS is fucked lol. WEll we did fix my lil bro corolla so whats left is both of my cars.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ha I still have vtec with no vss lol just found that out today when messing with my settings on VAFC haha it is engaging and its been a while since I got up on it. My VTo is engaging which is the VAFC sending signal to VTEC Solenoid. Plus when I did today I was smokin in the engin bay when I popped it...FUckin transmission oil seal is takin a piss (around shift linkage) making oil fly around my engine bay making shit smoke...dont smell too good either. Damn I need to get that replaced.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well i got one, and it was the wrong one, then i got the right one and wouldn't work, then they gave me one for an automatic, and of course would not fit, i finnally got the right one and is working perfectly,

so vtec is working with your vafc without the speed sensor, that crazy
                            Members Ride

Comment

Yessir the VTo is switching on whenever Im going so yep VTEC is engaging and you can hear it. But I still need to fix it so I can get my buddy to burn a new chip with FTL on there.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X