question about camgear (help!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about camgear (help!)

I never before have taken off my camgears before just wondering if I can just unbolt them without taking of the timing belt and replace them with the new once? and to I have to retime the engine? what is the do's and donts in this process, sparkle and nails I know you guys are out there help out anyone.

I dont see any other way of putting them back on correctly without taking the belt off and then putting the cams on. Your trying to skip a step that cant be skipped in my opinion.
    Read the link below for more info on taking the belt off. Its not as hard as you think since you able to do the cams.
    http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doity...a051102a_3.htm
    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
      I dont see any other way of putting them back on correctly without taking the belt off and then putting the cams on. Your trying to skip a step that cant be skipped in my opinion.
      Read the link below for more info on taking the belt off. Its not as hard as you think since you able to do the cams.
      http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doity...a051102a_3.htm
      what i was trying to say was will i be able to take of the timing belt and putting it back on as long as the belts teeth line up.

Comment

Mark the belt so you can line it up properly. EIther way your gonna have to loosen the tensioner to take off the tension on the belt to pull of the cam gear.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Mark the belt so you can line it up properly. EIther way your gonna have to loosen the tensioner to take off the tension on the belt to pull of the cam gear.
          ha! NAil05 you always come through, thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X