Auto shifter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto shifter problems

Been having trouble with my car shifting from park in to anyother gear. I can hear the solenoid clicking as if it wants to let me put it in gear...But I just noticed none of my brake lights are working...when I press the brakes.. Could the brake switch keep my car form going in gear...Need help...

Come on guys..I know someone knows something..

Comment

If your brake light switch is bad or out of adjustment then it will not shift out of park.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Yeah I pressed the brakes and the brake lights wouldnt come on..The fuse is good...And when you press the brake and try and shift..You can hear it click but it wont go into anyother gear..

Comment

Originally posted by 007Accord
          Yeah I pressed the brakes and the brake lights wouldnt come on..The fuse is good...And when you press the brake and try and shift..You can hear it click but it wont go into anyother gear..
          How close to the floor are you able to push the brake? Later

Comment

Got lots of pedal left...Its going far enough to take pressure off of the switch...

Comment

So nothing more then what is usual? No extra play? Is there anything leaking from under the car? I had the same problem and it turned out I had lost brake pressure. Everytime I pushed the brake pedal it would go farther to the floor.. Somehow I had a hole in one of my brake lines so everytime I pushed the brake, brake fluid squirted out onto the pavement. Later

Comment

No leaks or anything..But I know what your talking about..when I had my 92 accord..the same thing happen..I had bad brake lines and it wouldnt hold pressure..

Comment

Sounds to me like the button is just stuck, especially if the selenoid is clicking. I had to take apart the shifter and grease it, now it works perfectly. If you get stuck somewhere, just put your key in the little key hole on the console and start it from neutral, thats what I do.

Comment

You can stick your key into the lock, shift into Neutral, start the car, then shift into drive. But that should be a temp fix.

Comment

Take a look at your brake switch? That can cause a no shift condition.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                      X