bad cyl # 3 - head issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad cyl # 3 - head issue?

well it started yesterday. Start to drive home from dropping off a resume, while drive notice a lack of power and the muffler sounded funny. I pulled over and did some checking and noticed my #3 cly had oil in it. So i drive home and today i replaced the valve cover gasket and rings, plugs and wires. Car still is sluggest. My Mech. did a comp. test and the #3 has 0 comp. Just my luck no job and need a new head. So i got two quotes $450 to fix the head. Or $410 to replace with another head. Whats best?

And im stilling driving the car i was told its ok just take it easy, is this true?

i suggest you fix the head, this way you know that the head is new with parts, where in the other head, u might not know the condition of it
    Members Ride

Comment

I think thats alot just for the head rebuilt or for a different one, unless its including labor! If it isnt, then search for more quote

Comment

wait. why are you getting a new head? what about rings?

Comment

Dude is this the same motor from before or you put that other in?

If this is the new motor I cant belive this is happening to ya again
          WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

i woudl doubtitto be the head whatmotor is it and what head?

the build and demise
            buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

its a f22a1 had the motor for 4months, why would this happen so soon. Also the last month when i started the car for the first time and the day i would get heavy white smoke u think that this was a sign.

And the cost is for everything, he said he has to take it to the machine shop and use some special tools to change the valves and stuff.

Comment

did you check the rings???

Comment

got the car back 2day. One valve was caked up, and the other was caked up and had nice size piece missing. see if i can get some pics

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
                    got the car back 2day. One valve was caked up, and the other was caked up and had nice size piece missing. see if i can get some pics
                    Interesting. On my 91 EX Accord, #3 cyl went dead on it as well. I ran it with 25,000 miles, did a full tune up on it before I ran the 25,000 miles and it ran great, then suddenly lack of power like you describe and no compression in cyl # 3. I was leaning towards valves as well, but I will not know until I tear it down. It's getting a performance all-motor build in it anyhow, I had my other Accord ready to roll that's why I haven't dealt with this.

Interesting very interesting, why is it that cyl # 3 tends to have this issue then? I'm wondering if it's EGR port related and the carbon build up. I never did a EGR port cleaning, didn't have the car long enough to deal with that....who knows.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                    X