cleaning my oil pan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning my oil pan?

i just got my $1 oil pan in the mail that i got on ebay...it's really dirty, and would like to know what to use to clean the inside?...
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

u can use anything. a powerfull degreeaser. let it soak..pressure wash it or something.

i think my uncle used a torch at the end.

just as long as its clean when u put it back in. id get all the surface crap off with a old rag or a plastic spoon or something then soak it then scrub little by little day by day.

dawn soap is a good oil killer =).

if ur going to soak use HOT water.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

also don't forget that when you reinstall your new pan, your engine will require close to an extra quart more than usual. So about 5 qts should do it.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

get some parts cleaner works wonders find it at any autozone or hardware store or brake clean drys quicks and just rince is out and use a rag for any extra shit lying around

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

carosine. its the best for cleaning oil rust etc. #1
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

carb cleaner works good..

Comment

believe it or not charcoal igniter works great for that,it evaporates fast too.just clean it out good.make shure its dry really well before you replace it because once its sealed if theres any water in there it will not evaporate.get some pics up after you clean it.i would like to see the difference and what you used too.

Comment

Working...
              X