Replacing Fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Fuel filter

okay here the deal. I decided to get a fuel filter. Im having troubles taking out the top bolt and the side screw thing. I used pb Blaster thinking that this will help but this has not. Now whenever u try and turn the bolt the 2 lines that are comming out just bent. I dont want to break them because i think ill be in deep sh*t.

Anyone know how i can do thiswithout bending anything?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=4335

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=fuel+filter
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

did you try a good pair of vice grips??maybe some lube.make shure you take off your gas cap too so you will relieve pressure.

Comment

Thanks but that really doesnt help me at all. I tryed everything and the stuff keeps bending.. I kinda give up or should just have a place do it for me.. :issed off::

Comment

ya well mine was easy to get off,i dont see why vice grips wont help,try tightening it first then loosen it so you can brake the hold.theres probably thread lock or something in those threads.i would keep trying.did you already bend the line and or lines?just tryimng to help man no reason to spaz out,

Comment

lol whoops i didnt see your post lol buty yeah i tryed everything tighting it then whatever their bent but i bent them back.. im thinkin if just removing them and then doing it because yeah i dudnno

Comment

Would using anti-sieze help before putting the new one in? Or is this a bad idea. One more question I have a fuel filter that Im ready to put in but it's a Fram, should I get a different one, that one only cost me 10 bucks thats why Im skechy on quality!
              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

no my friend has fram for his h22 cb7 and it has worked fine for him.and you dont really nead anti seize,it shouldnt hurt it if you use a little but i have replaced my filter tice and after you get it off the first time its way easier the second time around.even the first time wasnt to hard for me. good luck.

Comment

when you are changing it, dont take it off the bracket that holds it to the firewall. just leave it in that untill you break the death grip the thing seems to have for most people when changing it. and when you do it, try to do both bolts at one time because that seems to help for some weird reason. i think its because they both help holding it still. now you do want to be careful of those fuel lines that are bending, because when i changed mine i wasn't aware of techniques that made it easy so i just cranked down and it snapped one of my fuel lines right in two inside the bolt. ridiculous.. had to buy a small new piece of fuel line to run out of the new fuel filter through the bolt, and then i had to take a small rubber hose piece and connect the two pieces of fuel line with it. 2 hose clamps tightened to death later and no more gas spraying out when the gas pedal goes down. hahha
                  goodluck man and dont take it to a place to do it for you.

to the guy who had it easy his first change on it, do you think that maybe someone changed it once before you had the car? that could explain why it was actually easy, maybe you just got lucky tho, haha
                  92 lx
                  automatic
                  slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

i dont know if it was changed before.it was rusty at all or anythnig.maybe so though.it was really easy though a little pull and it came loose.maybe i was lucky.clean the threads really good whenit comes loose.

Comment

i am wanting to change my fuel filter.

do i wait till i am almost on empty tank? cuz i have about more than 3/4 gas and no want to spill too much.

will regular sockets, wrenches work?

btw, i did search and this is what came up so i decided to tag and ask. thanks..
                      hahahahah

Comment

hey my old thread is alive again..

I never had a chance to change my filter because the screwes etc where rusted in it . I kept bending the piping that the fuel line is and yeah i said screw it.

you dont need to have an empty tank.... U need to let all the pressure out look on the fuel rail and theres this 14 mm socket i belive you use to let the pressure out of it.

Then u need to move the vaccume line box near the firewall of the passanger side....

shit i gotta jet.. Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                        X