Won't go into gear, Pressure Plate?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't go into gear, Pressure Plate?????

Today while leaving work I push my clutch in and it goes cluNK! I then lose all pressure in my clutch pedal and my car stalls out. So I proceed to drive the car to the shop with no clutch thinking it was just the slave cylinder as the boot was full of fluid. Take the old slave off and put the new one on. *I hate bleeding the clutch on this car!!!!!* I get good pressure built up and decide to clean everything up before I head off to school. I push the clutch in and turn the key....bam the pedal goes mush and I lose all pressure again. So I check the master and the slave again and everything is Kosher. Have my dad watch the slave while I push the clutch in..it moves the distance it is supposed to and move the forks accordingly, but the pedal still feels like there isn't any pressure.

<rant>.So no I am sitting here mad at myself for cheaping out and buying some BS XTD knockoff clutch kit. Now I'm stuck with a shit clutch kit that I speant half of what a good kit would have, plus I'm stuck having to buy a good kit now. I swear off shitty shit from now on! Spend the money the first time and not worry about it! </rant>

I am thinking it is something along the lines of the pressure plate....The only thing is when the car is off I can't push the fork making me think that maybe it isn't the pressure plate. What do you guys think?

Does anyone know a good place to order ACT clutches from?

I appreciate all help,
    Jeremy
    Last edited by tweeaks; 09-19-2006, 09:51 PM.

Member's Ride

First of all did you break it in properly. Im running an XTD Stage 3 and it hasnt given me any problems with hard driving and such. Try pumping the clutch to rebuild pressure. When me and my buddy first installed my XTD the first 2-3 days it would occasionally lose pressure but pumping it built it back up and it hasnt happened after that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've been running this clutch for close to a year, and it was broken in properly. The clutch is working..it is something internal like the clutch, pressure plate, etc...I'm not sure, but for a fact the master cylinder is working correctly and the slave cylinder is working correctly.

How long have you been running your XTD? I know mine still grabbed fine and was working GREAT up until now... All I'm saying is up until now if I could I'd always cheap out and buy the knockoff brand this or that.....after every knockoff crap that I've bought has prematurely worn out, broke, etc.

Member's Ride

Comment

About 2 months or so running the stage 3. I fun an OEM throwout bearing also so it kinda stiffens it up a lil. The XTD unit isnt really reliable IMO. But if you pump it for a while does it build pressure back up?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
        X