jumping RPM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumping RPM!

lets say its early in the morning and the car is cold and i turn the car on its fine. but lets say i press the gas or maybe turn the car on and just move it to the other side of the street really fast or something simple. well if the car isnt hot the RPM jump (up,down,up,down) it will never do it when its hot tho.

i have also noticed that at times i can be driving and when i stop at a stop sign sometimes it will be fine at about (800) but sometimes it will be low at about (500 or 400). its not always at were its suppose to be at. just something dont make sense.

my RPM was low before and i put it to 800. it was about 400 before so i fixed that. i took it to a shop and got my throttle body cleaned out also. so what can cause this?

vacuum leak?
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

shit i dont know . thats why am asking lol. but if it was a vacum leak wouldnt it happen all the time and plus what vaccum hoses would i check?

what about the hose that you take off when u put on a aftermarket intake? i think its the first hose near dash. i have a AEM intake and it came with a plastic thing to plug into the hose.

Comment

Adjust your FITV.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i adjusted it already to 800. but what does that got to do with it jumping when its cold in the morning? or when i press on the gas on accident.

Comment

Thats not your FITV. FITV is located to the right of the IM looking straight at the motor from the front of the car.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

u really,really,really need to explain that better. IM FYT ADSFSDF. what? come on now! lol

Explain that better. mayb a pic or something so i can know. and what u mean adjust it? adjust what and adjust it to what?

Comment

Thats an FITV you screw it down. Picture courtesy of d112.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ummm screw what down? i dont get what your trying to say lol. i mean damn.
                  ok its a pic but what am i suppose to be looking at? there is like 4 or 5 things in that pix.

Comment

There is a better picture...now take off the two phillips head screws and turn the thing inside all the way down.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Her you go http://www.nwracingscene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=290 scroll down for pics and a detailed discription

Comment

ok thats alot better. ok so i take off the top and turn the thing inside all the way down. thats alot easyer lol

but what would that do by me puting it down? and why would it be up? just want more info and details on it. trying to learn guys lol. come on now!

Comment

satan that site sucks and it doesnt want to work. but thats ok.lol

Comment

Ok, the pic they're showing you. Unscrew the two screws and pull the little cap off. There's a white wax type thing with 2 slits on the sides, turn it clockwise until it's snug, be careful not to break it though. Also check all your vaccum leaks because mine was doing the same jumpy idle thing and it was a pinched vaccum hose (the one that was hooked up to my short ram intake) so I got a longer one and that fixed that. I hope that helps to explain what the others were trying to explain.

Comment

ok thats alot afterward. but like i said i only get it jumpy when i first turn it on in the morning and its cold. and if i was to drive or press the gas on accident without my car warming up then it would do it. but if i turn it on and dont touch anything til its warmed up. then its fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X