Fuel Pump questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump questions

What are some signs that your fuel pump is going bad?

Please help..
    Eric
    www.myspace.com/cb7tuner06

Painted but still "Under Construction"

how about you do this the other way around.

list the symptoms you are having, and well tell you if its your fuel pump or not

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

It bogs out intermittantly like it is starving for gas. I rev her up and she then seems to be fine. It has a new fuel filter, and a newer pcv valve, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, o2 sensor, air filter. I also cleaned out the EGR and the IAC valve and it still does it.

Now can I get some advise? I am ready to pull my hair out on this problem.

Thanks in advance guys and girlz.
      Eric

Comment

Explain what you mean exactly by "bogs out". Does the engine die? When where how etc....

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Phempa is having the exact same problem with his car right now. I sorta doubt its the fuel pump, but then again I haven't really looked into it... I don't think he has either... What brand of oxygen sensor is it?

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
            Phempa is having the exact same problem with his car right now. I sorta doubt its the fuel pump, but then again I haven't really looked into it... I don't think he has either... What brand of oxygen sensor is it?

Well I got the O2 sensor from eBay and don't know the neme off hand. It was doing this prior to replacing it tho. And to explain the bogging out, when pressing on the gas the engine acts like it is going to die/stall out. I let off the gas and rev it up and its fine. This is a very intermittant problem so it has been tough for a garage to diagnose.
            Eric

Comment

it could be a bad map sensor... fuel pump usually when it gonna give out, it just take a crap and leave ya without saying bye bye...on the other hand, maybe your injectors arnt working great...it seems to have enough fuel to just run smoothly on idle, but when you give it gas and it makes the engine try to work harder, it seems to be starving for gas somewhere and it bogs out like that!... check your injectors to see if they are ok, and the map sensor! Any cel?

Comment

Originally posted by Caution
                it could be a bad map sensor... fuel pump usually when it gonna give out, it just take a crap and leave ya without saying bye bye...on the other hand, maybe your injectors arnt working great...it seems to have enough fuel to just run smoothly on idle, but when you give it gas and it makes the engine try to work harder, it seems to be starving for gas somewhere and it bogs out like that!... check your injectors to see if they are ok, and the map sensor! Any cel?
                NO CEL That is what is *ucking me over that my mechanic cant just run a test and fix it.
                Eric

Comment

ok, no cel, then it could be injectors, u dont get cel for bad injectors, or fuel pump too. 1 of the 2, i really think it injectors.

Comment

how long has it been doing this, did you use any type of Injector cleaner right before it started doing this?

Comment

how long has it been doing this, did you use any type of Injector cleaner right before it started doing this?
                      It has been doing this intermittantly since I bought it. Just now it is really annoying and doing it more often. And to answer about the fuel injector cleaner, no that wasn't used prior to it doing this. Even tho they are newer could I have a bad spark plug? It is either a spark or fuel issue. It does give me a hell of a time starting from time to time. I was doing alot of reading here and someone else had a similar issue and he had a bad plug and there was less than 5000 miles on his. My plugs are about a year and a half old. Maybe I should pull them out in the morning and check them.
                      Eric

Comment

godly, changed those plugs, they too dam old. I rec changin them 1 a year, if not, twice a year if you drive harsh, that could be!

Comment

godly, changed those plugs, they too dam old. I rec changin them 1 a year, if not, twice a year if you drive harsh, that could be!
                          HOLY FUCK.....MY SPARKPLUGS HAVE OIL ON THEM. I AM NOT A MECHANIC BY FAR AND KNOW THAT IS NOT GOOD. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT GASKET OR WHAT THE HELL WOULD CAUSE THIS....PLEASE
                          Eric

Comment

Piston ring not working correctly, valve seals bad, cracked head, and most common is the spark plug valve cover tube seal. You might wanna check the spark plug valve cover tube seal first, that is the most common, unless you got a poorly maintained engine then it could be the others! Were all here to help give out pointers, so if you dont know,just ask your questions!

Comment

Piston ring not working correctly, valve seals bad, cracked head, and most common is the spark plug valve cover tube seal. You might wanna check the spark plug valve cover tube seal first, that is the most common, unless you got a poorly maintained engine then it could be the others! Were all here to help give out pointers, so if you dont know,just ask your questions!
                              Thanks I am calling my mechanic in the morning to see when he can look at it. I hope its just the lower tube seals as this engine was well maintained and taken care of. I will post the probs after its fixed. Thanks for all the help guys and gals.
                              Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X