No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A easy way to diagnose to see if you have a bad fuel pump, if your car starts and after giving it a little gas, it turns off, you have fuel delivery problems homie = look for a new fuel pump.

In regards to the oil on the sparkplugs, I had the same issue, changed the valve cover gasket and problem solved.

95 Accord Wagon EX - Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Makelo
      A easy way to diagnose to see if you have a bad fuel pump, if your car starts and after giving it a little gas, it turns off, you have fuel delivery problems homie = look for a new fuel pump.

In regards to the oil on the sparkplugs, I had the same issue, changed the valve cover gasket and problem solved.
      New valve cover gasket and top tube seals already done. I did not replace the lower tube seals and that is something that goes on our engines. Advance Auto Parts sells the kit for like $25 for the valve cover and the top and bottom tube seals. My mechanic is only charging $35 to do the job so $60 out the door and new plugs...
      Eric
      www.myspace.com/cb7tuner06

Painted but still "Under Construction"

Comment

Okay. I took her to the mechanic and we replaced the spark plug tube seals, valve cover gasket, plugs, and wires. I am still getting the bogging out as described before. What is my next step? Could it be the eBay resonator as my ride has not a real catalitic converter in it?? I just need to get it fixed before the snow starts flying. Please give me some suggestions and NO CEL is coming up. This only does it after startup and I first pull out but not all the time. If i jump on the gas it does not do it. It appears to only do it when starting out slow. Maybe by CB7 just does not like going slow....lmfao.
        Eric

Comment

My car started choking, burping and bogging right before my O2 sensor went...this was w/o a CEL...look into it

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            My car started choking, burping and bogging right before my O2 sensor went...this was w/o a CEL...look into it
            just replaced my O2 in February..Was doing this before and after...
            Eric

Comment

Anyone??
              Eric

Comment

Working...
              X