Engine stutter after about 8 sec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine stutter after about 8 sec

OK, I dont know if it is any big deal or anything, but the past few mornings when I got to start my car, it will start fine, like always, but then after it runs about 8 seconds, its stutters just a little bit, and then runs fine the rest of the day, even after shutdown/restart. Is this something that I need to be worried about?

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

is the idle shaking and the car low idle?

cel?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

sure its not...

ur fans kickin on ? when is the last time u had a tune up? check ur airflow,vaccum lines ,pcv valve and hopefully its nuthin major!!!i dont think is abnormal though as long as it doesnt stay doin it all the time while u drive.
      SURVIVAL OF THE FIT ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.....

Comment

Mine did that today, It was sitting outside overnight and all through the day in the rain, I thought it was going to die on me but it ran fine for the rest of the day. I think a cold start will do that sometimes...just like it always takes 1 or 2 extra cranks for me to start in the morning than in the afternoon or after i've been driving.

Comment

yeah....

Originally posted by TMaxxTim
          Mine did that today, It was sitting outside overnight and all through the day in the rain, I thought it was going to die on me but it ran fine for the rest of the day. I think a cold start will do that sometimes...just like it always takes 1 or 2 extra cranks for me to start in the morning than in the afternoon or after i've been driving.
          that can affect the start.cold battery and a weak one,if ur battery isnt maint free u should add water to ur battery cells[top off].
          SURVIVAL OF THE FIT ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.....

Comment

Na its not the battery, all of my cars do this. My 2002 Ford Escape will take an extra crank if its cold or in the morning...it won't almost die, but I think thats because the new cars have electronic throttle control so it will adjust itself to keep it idling a little higher if it needs to.

Comment

Working...
            X