this shit is annoying me clutchline related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this shit is annoying me clutchline related

Okay i changed my master cylinder bled the whole system with my boy. Now it still feels a little notchy when i go into first gear with the car chances are i still have air in the lines correct? Its like its take like a slight second longer to go into first gear and sometimes other gears . I even changed the throwout bearing by myself with a new one for god measure. My slave cylinder doesnt have any leaks i checked that and on that note i made sure that the arm thats connected to the slave moves properly. Im loooking for leaks or wetspots I dont see any and i checked all around. So what should i do just keep bleeding the system?

Bleed it more and see what happens if no leaks are occuring. Hows the trans fluid level?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Bleed it more and see what happens if no leaks are occuring. Hows the trans fluid level?
      the fluid level is up to par i changed the master cylinder. But i guess i let it get a lil low before when i was bleeding it. Imma keep doin so the shits annoying . If it gets down as so much as an inch im topping the fluid off time to get serious.

Comment

Hey sparkle what did you use regular oil or synthetic oil. When i replaced my last axle i used synthetic thinking it would be better boy was i wrong ! it felt real shitty till i put regular dino oil back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
          Hey sparkle what did you use regular oil or synthetic oil. When i replaced my last axle i used synthetic thinking it would be better boy was i wrong ! it felt real shitty till i put regular dino oil back in.
          I used synchromesh

Comment

Gearspeed recommends nothing other than Honda MTF.

That is the best fluid hands down.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              Gearspeed recommends nothing other than Honda MTF.

That is the best fluid hands down.
              not entirely tru you ca get the same thing from autozone the synchromesh oil or redline but synchromesh from autozone is from what im told the same shit fromt he gmdealer

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                not entirely tru you ca get the same thing from autozone the synchromesh oil or redline but synchromesh from autozone is from what im told the same shit fromt he gmdealer

Honda's fluid is specially formulated to work. It is the best fluid for the trannies, that is why Gearspeed recommends it. You can't get all the benefits in another fluid.

Oil and everything else have had an adverse affect on any tranny I have ever run across that was so equipped.

It is kind of like their ATF. You can use Dexron II as a suitable replacement, but it WILL degrade shift quality and once it is gone it is gone.

There MTF is the same thing for their MT's. I don't like the way anything else works.

Comment

GM syncromesh pwns.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    GM syncromesh pwns.

Not in my experience.

Comment

it does in mine. some things work for others, some things dont. ive tried honda mtf, and this pwns it. ive also tried both in other transmissions.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Maybe syncromesh isn't working in his case.

Gearspeed does hang a little tag on it saying to use only Genuine Honda MTF...

Comment

Gearspeed

dunno who these peopel are but lemme tell you they and your experience is pretty useless if you think that the recommended 5 w30 oem tranny oil is good for out tranny the syncromesh is deffinately where its at although i perfer royal purple cuz i have expensive tastes

the build and demise
                          buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Working...
                          X