OK, next question. Broken vacuum nipples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, next question. Broken vacuum nipples

How do I fix these? Mine for #21 and the one from the firewall to the back of the H23 plenum came broken (thanks wagalude). Right now everything is connected in some strange way (#21 is connected above the IAB nipple on the driver's side, 13 is just kinda hanging out disconnected, etc.) and I have a really annoying surging problem coming off idle that I know is burning my clutch. Can broken nipples be fixed?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

get another and weld it on?

Comment

thats some shady stuff, broken nipples are no fun and to tell you the truth I wouldn't buy an IM that came like that.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

JB weld it and tap an auxiliary vacuum port as in use one port but two leads out you know what I mean?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you actually should have enuf vacuum ports so that you dont need that broken one.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
            thats some shady stuff, broken nipples are no fun and to tell you the truth I wouldn't buy an IM that came like that.
            Well I have wagalude to thank for that...no TPS and broken nipples up the wazoo...

I'm almost certain that the #21 line being tapped to some weird place on the IM is the cause of my surging problems...I might have to buy another H23 TB...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

21 is the map sensor, hook that up to the nipple on the throttle body. everything else goes to nipples on the plenum.

the nipples themselves should just be pressed in... ive pulled them out before. try twisting it then yanking it with a pair of pliars. or just JB weld a new nipple on over it. or get it out and make a plastic nipple using a piece of the black plastic vacuum tube that runs across the back of the manifold to the air booster valve. or take the TB off, drill the hole, and screw one of those brass hose barbs in.

any other nipples not being used need to be capped off. 13 doesnt matter because thats just IAB and isnt conencted to the plenum.

perhaps they just bent from shipping?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                21 is the map sensor, hook that up to the nipple on the throttle body. everything else goes to nipples on the plenum.

the nipples themselves should just be pressed in... ive pulled them out before. try twisting it then yanking it with a pair of pliars. or just JB weld a new nipple on over it. or get it out and make a plastic nipple using a piece of the black plastic vacuum tube that runs across the back of the manifold to the air booster valve. or take the TB off, drill the hole, and screw one of those brass hose barbs in.

any other nipples not being used need to be capped off. 13 doesnt matter because thats just IAB and isnt conencted to the plenum.

perhaps they just bent from shipping?
                That nipple was JB welded shut when I got the TB. There are no nipples on the TB. I tried to run 21 off a nipple on my intake, but that was no dice; I'm guessing the MAP reads off pressure from behind the throttle plate, because right now I have #21 hooked right above the IAB. All points lead to a drilling+new nipple or another TB...fun stuff...

I might run a vacuum T off either #20 or #24...I have to do the same for #13 and the line going to the IAB diaphragm
                Last edited by gloryaccordy; 08-26-2006, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X