No announcement yet.

Engine tapping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fo sho. I'm $1000 closer to an engine swap too, after 3 years tho . Keepin my fingers crossed that it's a valve issue. Thanks again...

Comment

hmmm id get it repaired or try to do it myself theres a diy or try to bargain with someone on the board on here you need a feeler guage and some other tool and put it back to spec and done

Comment

I might caue more damage then good, sadly. I failed shop in high school so that should tell you something. Thank God for mechanic friends...

Comment

Well, before you go tearing into anything, you need to know what the problem is. I mean, its hard for anyone on here to really know what it is without hearing it. If you're not mechanically inclined, get the opinion of someone who is first.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Yeah, that's what my mechanic bud is going to do. We decided to go outside the shop he works in because of cost and of course, profit. Sort of a win win situation...

Comment

Originally posted by y2knowledge
              We decided to go outside the shop he works in because of cost and of course, profit. Sort of a win win situation...
              Yeah, exactly! I do alot of "under the table" repairs for poeple. They get it done cheaper, I make more profit. Everybody wins.....

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Where are you in Texas exactly. My mechanic bud is cool and all, but a mechanic bud who knows Accords well is even better!...

Comment

Originally posted by y2knowledge
                  Where are you in Texas exactly. My mechanic bud is cool and all, but a mechanic bud who knows Accords well is even better!...
                  Dallas I work on all Hondas, but 4th gen Accords are my specialty.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Heh, I'm in Dallas too. Turns out 3 mechanics that I went to said that I have a busted/blown rod in my engine. The end result they all said will be an engine rebuild/replace. Now, these are just any mechanics I saw while driving around but it would be nice to have an actual person who knows a lot about Hondas. I have enough cash on hand to get it done but I want it done right by someone who knows what they are doing. Let me know if perhaps we can work something out. Like I said I have the money and am ready to go. If it's within your time frame then let me know or if not then direct me to someone who may be able to. I'd be happy to make it worth your while! If you're interested please let me know and I can PM you my cell phone number and we can go from there. Thanks in advance!...

Comment

i have the same problem im thinking when i accelerate i hear a tap tap tap tap tap tap noise, if im not accelerating i dont hear it. its going to a good mechanic (NOT a car dealer) on thursday hopefully it wont cost too much.
                      1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

y2knowledge.....check your PM's

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i have the same problem im thinking when i accelerate i hear a tap tap tap tap tap tap noise, if im not accelerating i dont hear it. its going to a good mechanic (NOT a car dealer) on thursday hopefully it wont cost too much.
                          Eh, hopefully it won't be the same problem I have. Let me know how it turns out. Mr Honda, checked my PM's...

Comment

If you had a busted rod, you wouldn't be going anywhere. Could be a spun rod bearing though. Check your oil level and make sure you have some. If you popped a hole in your pan bottoming out and lost oil then you would lose a rod or main bearing and hear a "tapping noise". Then it could be a busted valve spring, that will make a tapping noise. All of these will result in lower performance of the engine.

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

This is the same problem reported in a different forum. I want to know the fix.

Comment

I had 3 mechanics tell me it was a busted rod and required a new engine, so either they were fucking me or they are ful of crap. I have Mr. Honda on the clock and I'm going to hire his brain to help me out. Other then that I still don't know for ure what's going on under my hood...

Comment

Working...
                                X