new fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new fan problem

ok so my radiator fan will only works as long as i have the ac on...why is that? is there any fix to this? everything is wired and connected corretly...

Dude, sounds like you're having alot of the same probs i am...the connector on my front coolant temp sensor is shot and sometimes it connects sometimes it doesnt. It'll come undone, the car will run hot, then itll reconnect and cool back down. But as soon as i turn the car off, the fans come on. Every single time. As far as the ac making it work..i dunno. When it runs hot and doesnt cool, i turn on the thing that sucks air in from the outside and sometimes that helps. Otherwise i gotta drive like 35+ to get the air flowing. I had my rad replaced and they were talking about having fan issues...i may have to have the whole rad/fan/coolant system replaced, which is gonna be a bitch. It probably has something to do with missouri weather...this place sucks lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by accord93racer
      ok so my radiator fan will only works as long as i have the ac on...why is that? is there any fix to this? everything is wired and connected corretly...
      Is your car running hot? The radiator fan is supposed to come on if your motor exceeds a certain temperature without having to use AC. IF you use AC it puts a bigger load on the motor which requires the extra cooling which is why both fans stay on. If you driving around town and your car aint gettin hot at idle or whatever then you should be fine.

As for the dude above me if your connector keeps on coming undone run to a junkyard and snag off a couple of connectors and you should be fine at least thats what I would do. The fans turn on after your engine is off so it can help it cool off.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ineed to replace the sensor anyway, thats why its running hot..the sensor isnt telling the fans to come on. Kinda dangerous when you think about it..

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
        X