fan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fan question

my radiator fan wont come on...i checked all the connections and they were all good...i read that i could wire it to a 12v ignition source...how would i do that? and what exactly should i wire it to? also how do i install an aftermarket water temp gauge?

Turn on your AC both fans should come on. Whichever one dont come on is the messed up one and might have to change out the motor or whole unit (up to you people have there preferences)

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

accord93racer, you're assuming the motor is good and the circuit is bad, when most of the time the motor goes bad, not something in the circuit. And re-wiring a motor to always be on will shorten its life.

The CB7's fan system is more complicated than on some other cars, but can still be diagnosed with a Haynes or Chiltons. Why not make that investment and have it work like it should?

At the very least, run a pair of wires from your battery straight to the fan motor (engine should be OFF). If it doesn't come on, you need a new fan motor and you're done, and there's no kludge factor added to your car.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

what if your fans works but,

my fans work but the radiator fan only works when I straight wire it. Does it mean the circuit is bad, please help
        Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

there is a plug unplugged

its a brown plug that has 2 wires that run to the fan after it. I think it goes to the ac compressor but I can find it. Where does the ac compressor get its power, do I need to unmount it and search for it.
          Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Working...
          X