Pass. side axle NOT coming out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass. side axle NOT coming out

OK so I finally got the time to take care of everything. Basically, my pass. side axle refuses to come out of the tranny. It pops and moves about 1/2" and then refuses to budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm somewhat through the H23 mani swap. Flippin wagalude didn't leave the TPS on...that's really my only gripe with that. It's pretty straightforward though, not at all difficult so far. I'm starting to feel tired...I'm gonna try a few more times to get that axle out and probably take a nap.

I love my car

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

I had the same problem the other day with my sisters corolla. The locking pin would not budge. I had to take a pry bar and pry it out.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Usually a pry bar a decently long one will get it out if not just your normal flathead screwdriver (make sure its decently big) And obviously pop it out of the knuckle and crap so yea im pretty sure you already did that it it should come right out.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I got a nice sized crowbar and it's still not coming out. It's at the point where I feel like if I try hard enough I'll break something in the tranny. Is it supposed to be this tough? Also, my tranny is leaking oil like crazy. I think I lost the full 2 qts. I figure that's normal though, I'll just fill it back up.

But yea nobody else has had this kind of trouble?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Where are you prying it? Pry from where it connects and put some ass into it sometimes they stubborn. Might need to work around it a bit. And yea might as well drain your trans oil since its eventually all gonna leak out.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I don't think a tranny loosing oil is normal at all. No way. Mine has never lost a single drop.

Unless you mean it lost oil from taking the axle out.

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Got it out w/two prybars on opposite sides. You have to distribute the prying force evenly. I'll get the Syncromesh and finish the H23 mani tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                Got it out w/two prybars on opposite sides. You have to distribute the prying force evenly. I'll get the Syncromesh and finish the H23 mani tomorrow morning.
                Haha or you can do that but I only require one cuz Im a fuckin PIMP lol jk. Glad to hear you got it out gl with the mani swap man.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

damn, its wierd. ive never had any problems swapping out an axle.

I can swap out both axles in less than 1 hour, with hand tools.

also, when removing the pass. side axle, i lift that side higher than the driver side. this is just because i dont feel like doing a tranny flush.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I had trouble today. I just bashed the fuck outta it.

Maple style go workout more.

Comment

just use the TPS from your old manifold.

Comment

I changed my axle plenty of times on my transmission and I never ever had a leak come out just by takin out the axle .

Comment

Well you do get some fluid comin out the axle when you pull out. If you do it in your yard and jack up one side yea no oil is gonna come out because its tilted one way. Last time i lifted my car on a lift at my buddies shop to change my axle. Pulled it out and wallah oil started comin out but it wasnt pouring it was just leaking slightly but yea thats all lol.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

keep us updated meng
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ah I would have finished today but I had some family obligations..."smh"

In any case again, syncromesh and finishing all the vacuum/coolant stuff tomorrow. I hope it's all worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X