Slight engine problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight engine problem

Hey whats up people I have a slight problem with my car. Today the car started to shudder and somewhat stutter when I gave it more gas but if I ease it down slowly it would climb up smoothly. I recently had an h23 trans with xtd stage 3 put in. I dont think its the trans since when i ease it slowly no slipping or anything. But when I stab it a lil theres a slight stutter and it will go up a lil and stutter again. Im kinda stumped to what could cause this. Any help would be appreciated. (I am going to check my timing tomorrow to see if its in spec and check my oil levels when my motor cools because there is oil on my rear bumper for some reason). Thanks in advance for the help.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

i guess it's kinda bad when nail's stumped. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

rofl. tpyeG ur posts lately have just been a great stress releiver
      My members ride thread

Comment

really?

i was being serious. nail is vey knowlageable. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

ease it down smoothly? does that mean letting the clutch out smoothly? im confused by your thread alittle....

Mine shudders when its cold in the mornings, like shaking a little.. :sigh: maybe i didnt break in the clutch properly.

And yes nail is very knowledgeable person.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Appreciate it y'all. No this is all throttle my bad basically this is to sum it up....Soft throttle input = smooth. Flooring it a lil more = shuddering and it will keep on going stop a while then keep on going. Thats basically it Im not really sure if it would be related to timing. Well I havent been hard on the clutch but today i was cruising at about 5000rpm in 5th gear for a while passing someone on the highway dunno if that might have fucked up the clutch a lil. BTW all the other times I have been shifting around 3500-4000 normal daily driving and thats as high as I will take it.
            Last edited by NAiL05; 08-18-2006, 09:43 PM.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i dunno my wifes cb7 use to stutter alot when it had a dirty fuel filter... maybe its just a coincidence....
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Nah im pretty sure its not the fuel filter unless its bad gas? I did fill up today and when I did my swap I changed fuel filter/timing/water pump/plugs/dizzy cap/rotor/all my balance shaft seals rear mains and all that so dunno what it is. I kinda think my timing might have skipped a tooth but I think you can kinda describe it as running way too rich kinda. Might rip off my cat and run open header and see if that solves it might be my cat finally takin a shit on me but I doubt it would cause those conditions. Im just gonna check out timing and see if everything is lined up tomorrow first.
                Last edited by NAiL05; 08-18-2006, 10:49 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

we have a vigor, i know its not an h22, but the problem on that one turned out to be the computer, we thought it was the map sensor, but was not, have you checked your tps, is it in the correct range? i highly dooubt its your ecu. but dunno, good luck
                  Members Ride

Comment

Thats what I thought at first because my ECU is dangling basically right now not bolted down anymore cuz too much of a hassle. I already checked if all the pllugs were plugged in and such. Appreciate it though man Im pretty sure the tps is set right since its reading fine on my VAFC. Also Im running p28 so the knock sensor and such would be out of question.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

to me it sounds like clogged fuel filter or a blown frp, basically when you are lightly on teh gas there is enough flow to feed the injectors....but when you stab it there is not enough fuel flow to keep up with the injectors needs.

Comment

Cool I will keep that in mind tomorrow when I check it out. Thanks for the people that contributed and I shall brief you guys in tomorrow.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Oh yea anyone think it might be the catalytic converter too? But I dont think a cat would make a motor hesitate like that...If its bad fuel or something related to that imma kick myself in the nuts....I just filled up on shell 93 octane today too fuckin ***...

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

did it do this after you filled up? i too think it might be the fuel filter even if you change it, it might have gotten clogged
                            Members Ride

Comment

Yea it was running fine all week nada happen...I was runnin on Exxon 93 then i got shell 93 today since my tank was almost empty and filled her up all the way...It got down to about a quarter down from full and started acting up especially when I got off the highway...ON highway I couldnt feel it at all it was just when I started to go into the city it just started stuttering everytime I gave it short bursts of gas to pass people so I dunno thats why it kinda confuses me I'll prob check the filter and such as you guys mentioned just in case its been almost a year since I changed it so ill check that out. Appreciate it man.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X