Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car won't start. Just replaced battery. It will pop-start... bad starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong about saying just carbonization. But I don't think there's any baking soda in todays Coke. After more researching, I found that old soda water had a small amount and some club soda still has some for flavor but Coke is just carbonated water with color, flavor, and acids.
    So yeah that's why some sodas will work just like the baking soda solution but I don't think there's any in Coke or most other flavored sodas. Why would they out it in?
    People always say "I'll get the club soda" to clean a stain and phosphoric acid gets up rust but I don't know why they say Coke cleans battery terminals.
    People swear by the Coke story and it would seem it has to have sodium bicarbonate in order to neutralize the acid corrosion but I researched more and it looks like there's none in flavored sodas.
    I think it's just in peoples heads. I suppose if you throw on any liquid with a bunch of crap in it, it might wash away a little "dirt". Then scrubbing it removes most of it.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

speaking of acids in coke, when i used to work at a chrome shop, they used to use phospheric acid to clean and etch the wheel before plating. i noticed it's also in coke. this stuff had a hazy mist comming off it at all times and if you got to close to the vat, it would make you cough. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
      X