Anybody running VAFC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody running VAFC?

is anyone running a vafc on there mildly stock h22. wen i swap mine in all ill have will be I/H/E. theres a guy here locally selling a VAFC for 75 bux. id likve to pick it up if it will be beneficial. i might be getting cam gears and an aftermarket fuel rail as well.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

how much is the vafc gona run you? you'd be much better off if you buy a chipped p28 or p72. unless you get a hot deal on the vafc of course.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i got a s-afc, works nice.
      You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
        is anyone running a vafc on there mildly stock h22. wen i swap mine in all ill have will be I/H/E. theres a guy here locally selling a VAFC for 75 bux. id likve to pick it up if it will be beneficial. i might be getting cam gears and an aftermarket fuel rail as well.
        your setup is probably rich, so leaning it out would save gas and make more power, so that is one benefit

you can use it to lower VTEC to around 4600-4700rpm too, where it's most beneficial if your ecu is a normal p13........if it's higher or lower, then you're slower..........it's set high from honda so you FEEL it because the power drops off then picks back up, which isn't good since you want linear power
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

it 75 bux for vafc1, which i thought mite be a steal and ill be running a p13 ecu as well.

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Id say get it...dyno tune it and set the crossover. Thats the only proper way to do it. I set my VTEC at 5000 with my vafc1. Love it but I need to get it tuned after i redo my h22 map.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i got my turbo setup tuned with the s-afc and it turned out pretty good... they used a wideband sensor also and it was dyno tuned. 194whp 198wtq 14b @ 9 psi small SMIC, stock fuel pump, 2.5" exhaust with cat. not bad for a s-afc =)
              You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

jump on it; $75 is a deal for it.
                -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                  i got my turbo setup tuned with the s-afc and it turned out pretty good... they used a wideband sensor also and it was dyno tuned. 194whp 198wtq 14b @ 9 psi small SMIC, stock fuel pump, 2.5" exhaust with cat. not bad for a s-afc =)
                  damn, not bad at all. i wonder how much more hp can be squeezed out if you got it tuned with uber or crome.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

AFC hack can only get so far if thats what your using as I have heard. WHen you reach a certain point you gotta move on to stand alone if not chipping. With my VAFC its not bad I think my throttle response was a lil better its mroe sensitive but thats just me. But yea 75 bucks id say get it.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X