brake fade like a motha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake fade like a motha

ok so heres the deal, the performance of my brakes is killing me... i have AEM pads so no problems there, the used to bite damn good but recently i been losing brake feel, ESPECIALLY when the air is on, anyone have this problem? i am obvioulsy thinking. brake booster, brake master cylinder or the lines, someone chime in with any suspicions or solutions,should i try bleeding the brakes before i make any assumptions? let me know

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

When you hit the brake pedal does it go almost to the floor?.If so then it could be the master cylinder.
    Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

master cylinder for sure. Especially if it is more prevalent when it is really hot.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

not all the time, like only sometimes it feels like im losing line pressure or something, mostly when the A/C is on

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Try bleeding your brakes? Check fluid level? If all those check out could be the MC as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I agree with the approach of first:

BLEEDING CORRECTLY and SURELY. Valvolin SYN is great IMO.
            * I forgot the order though

Then drive w/ a/c on off and see how it is.
            hahahahah

Comment

can be master cyl...if u sit at a light and it goes down then its ur master, but for now bleed the brakes to see if that helps.

brake fade is when the brakes are applied and u can feel it but it wont stop....

now no pressure is differnt
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I have a feeling it's the fluid itself. Especially if it happens more when it's hot. Brake fluid easily absorbs water vapor, and just generally degrades over time. Get it flushed out and replaced and see if that doesn't help. Good idea even if your brakes are working fine
                Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

BTW, what do you guys do when the MC reservoir is dirty and stuff? I tried to bleed but didnt' wanan aggravate it and introduce dust into the system.
                  hahahahah

Comment

Theres a screen in there. I took it out washed mine out with some hot water and blew it dry with compressed air and then reinstalled it. Also bled the whole system so that cleaned up a bit of it.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

alot of good feedback, im gonna go out in 10 minutes and get a brake bleeding kit, sorry for the misleading title, its more like brake feel fade. ill keep u guys updated

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                      X