PCV Valve???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCV Valve???

I went out to buy plugs and a fuel filter, when I got home I realized I don't think I bought a fuel filter, I bought a PCV Valve, now I need to know what is it and where does it go?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Did you pick out the valve or did the guy at the counter give it to you and tell you it was the fuel filter?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

PCV valve?

See your engine valve cover? see that little L shapped thing sticking out with a rubber line going towards the intake manifold? that's the PCV - positive crankcase ventilation valve...

dont return that, replace your old one with the new one.
      Then go back to the store and be like, "BIOTCH, i said FUEL FILTER!"

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
      1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
        PCV valve?

See your engine valve cover? see that little L shapped thing sticking out with a rubber line going towards the intake manifold? that's the PCV - positive crankcase ventilation valve...

what he said, replace it, its small but its very good at what it does.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i like the trick that repair shops use to sell PCV valves......they'll only do this with people who know shit, but if it rattles, they'll say it's broken and if it doesn't, they'll say it needs replacing because it should ratte or it's bad lol
          ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

x2

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              i like the trick that repair shops use to sell PCV valves......they'll only do this with people who know shit, but if it rattles, they'll say it's broken and if it doesn't, they'll say it needs replacing because it should ratte or it's bad lol
              It's supposed to rattle right? Either way I don't go to repair shops, only for body work and inspections.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7

Yeah no shiet man, check out this link if you already havent...this goes for Greencb7inkc with all the talk about fuel filters and such

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=48048

Comment

I picked it out, it was in the fuel filter section and I've never seen a fuel filter in my life, so I may as well replace it and get a fuel filter next time I'm out, also does anyone know the gap of the spark plugs? I need to go back to buy a gapper anyway

Edit: Ok I changed it, I have a feeling it REALLY needed to be changed by the looks and sounds of it.
                  Last edited by Fr0z3N; 08-01-2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                    It's supposed to rattle right? Either way I don't go to repair shops, only for body work and inspections.
                    Its supposed to rattle when you shake it. If it doesnt you can get some carb cleaner and spray in it but pcv valves are cheap so it really doesnt matter. And PCV vs Fuel Filter Sizes are WAYYY different. You should ask the people in the counter next time. I think most of them keep it in the back anyway instead of the front of the store but thats me.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well my old one didn't rattle and was DIRRRRTY so I'm happy with the change, thanks guys. btw what exactly does the pcv valve do?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcv_valve

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                          PCV valve?

LMAO....and backhand him for not knowing SHIT about cars! ...LMAO

and be like, " NOW hoe...gimme my damn Fuel Filter...free of charge "
                          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                          X