yet another wierd idle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another wierd idle issue

ok so i did searching and decided to clean my IAC and use seafoam. the IAC was ridiculously dirty so i cleaned that up then used 1/3 pint seafoam and put 1/2 pint in the gas tank. Now i did this and everything seemed to be great. no idle surge from 1500-300rpms and it started right up. however, whenever i slow down to come to a stop, the rpms slowly drop to 200rpms then the car stalls. do i just need to adjust the idle or what could be the issue? and yes i reset battery after doing all this bc i got a CEl after doing seafoam. other than stalling at like every light or stop sign or in traffic, everything is great lol. any help on what i should do or check would be appreciated.
    My members ride thread

no need to adjust the idle before or after you cleaned the iacv i think you still have a small vacuum leak or that shit may be jsut bad all in all in general. Sometimes even after you clean it the shit will still act retarded.

Comment

did you clean the throttle body? maybe the inlet for the air at idle is clogged as well, id take the intake hose off and then clean the throttle body and clean on the hole that goes on the side inside the throttle body.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i think if it was a vac leak then it probably never die it will just raise in idle.

but what is ur normal idle...if its hella low then u may have to raise it. but DO clean the throttle body first.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X