exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust question

The down pipe from my header is 2.25" and I'm looking to get a catback and hiflow converter that is 2.5". My question is will I be able to fit the 2.5" pipe with the 2.25" pipe from my downpipe? Do they weld it? I'm just not sure because I don't want new headers, but I want to upgrade my exhaust. Thanks

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

If you are going to "upgrade your exhaust" you have to replace the headers. Headers are the whole point of doing an exhaust upgrade.
    It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Actually the reason I'm asking is because I plan on boosting soon, but before I do I want to upgrade my catback and I won't be upgrading my exhaust manifold (headers) becuase that would just be a waste of money if I boost, so can it be done can a 2.25" pipe be mated with a 2.5" pipe? Thanks

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22

Comment

bump...someone here must know.

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22

Comment

If you are planning on boosting and you aren't even sure about this, you have a loooot of homework to do. The downpipe will go all the way to your cat converter anyways, so you just get a regular exhaust and hook it up to your headers as is. Ie your two peice headers, including the bottom peice with the flex pipe will remain until you put on the turbo and downpipe. what you are refering to now is your second half of your headers, it's not really a downpipe. Your second header peice will NOT hook up to a turbo.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
            If you are planning on boosting and you aren't even sure about this, you have a loooot of homework to do. The downpipe will go all the way to your cat converter anyways, so you just get a regular exhaust and hook it up to your headers as is. Ie your two peice headers, including the bottom peice with the flex pipe will remain until you put on the turbo and downpipe. what you are refering to now is your second half of your headers, it's not really a downpipe. Your second header peice will NOT hook up to a turbo.
            I realize where the downpipe from the manifold ends and I realize that the second half of my header will not hook up to my turbo manifold...all I am asking is can a 2.25" pipe hook up with a 2.5" pipe. I'm not talking about anything else except that question. Thanks

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22

Comment

You need something that will expand from 2.25-2.5 BUT if your going turbo you should be making a custom downpipe thats 2.5 since it will be 10x easier. I would say fab anything after the turbo hot side it just requires soem pipe bending and welding that an exhaust shop should be able to do for you. Oh yea and Did I say go custom on the complete system? Kteller has a mandrel bent piping kit a bit expensive or you can go to a muffler shop as I mentioned while fabbing the downpipe.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well I was thinking of kteller, but I think I might gow with Apexi or Rsr and then work from there. So is it possibel to weld the 2.25" and 2.5" together? Or does the metal have to be streched?

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22

Comment

Working...
                X