Fish tailing suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish tailing suspension

To make a Long story short, Got a ticket for my car being to low, why? being a smart ass to a cop, Reinstalled stock springs, planning to install my lowering springs once again, But I was told I need new struts, So my question is do blown struts tend to make your car lose traction, Because I was turning sharply today and my car lost a little bit traction, but it kind of fish tailed on me and I could here my tires chirping trying to grip the road,

Sorry! for the LONG story after all

do u have a rear sway bar?

but yea blown shocks will do a number on a lot of things, traction is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
      do u have a rear sway bar?

but yea blown shocks will do a number on a lot of things, traction is one of them
      No, I don't have a rear sway bar, would this help me alot if I get one, I seen on a previous thread, that I would have to get one from a acura vigor, I thinks

Comment

Yes blown struts will compromise your traction. Instead of just settling your car will be bouncing around...probably the reason you heard your tires chirping. I bet it sounded like "skkrt skkrt skrrt skrrt"...very dangerous.

I once saw a car w/blown rear struts, and it got so bad over bumps that the back tires caught air. Get new struts.

Nice front end BTW.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

blown struts, very low tire pressure is a result. also not having a rear sway bar is also a problem aaswell as a rear upper strut bar.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            Yes blown struts will compromise your traction. Instead of just settling your car will be bouncing around...probably the reason you heard your tires chirping. I bet it sounded like "skkrt skkrt skrrt skrrt"...very dangerous.

I once saw a car w/blown rear struts, and it got so bad over bumps that the back tires caught air. Get new struts.

Nice front end BTW.
            Thanks for the comment,

Comment

How long will oem struts last me if I install them with aftermartket springs,

Comment

Working...
              X