Morning Start up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Start up?

ok i been having a problem when i turn it on in the morning its very shity. like sometimes it struggles to turn on or it just doesnt start right up like it us to. i been having a power loss problem dont know why. the battery has been checked and thats fine. its got a new alternator and i have added two more grounds to the engine and changed the negative wire for the battery. also have cleaned out the terminals of the battery. and STILL!.

when my fan turns on my headlights dim. when i play buy beats they dim. even when i press the buttom for my power windows i hear some power loss on the engine of somehow. any1 no what the problem could be?

well for the power loss its definitly your alternator you need a high output alternator, i know becasue i was having the same problem until i coughed up the money for the high output alternator!!
    Just for your information, the battery has nothing to do with the car once the car is running, the only thing that batttery is there for is to start the car!!!

and for the shitty start ups check HERE
    Last edited by Dom; 07-20-2006, 05:25 AM.
    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

in order to test an alternator correctly it has to have a good battery, some batteries test good but it can be going bad and not being able to hold the charge well.

if u put a voltage meter to the battery and have someone start the car, if it drops to 9.5 and lower then ur battery is on the way out.

if it has trouble starting and u narrow down like i said maybe its ur starter valve, its right on top of the intake air temp sensor on the upper plenum. thsoe take a line from the intake and goes directly to it...if its clogged then it may be struggling for air at startup.

but DO check the battery while starting.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i was thinking of buying a Power Voltage Stabilizer like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-P...spagenameZWDVW

just to help out a little in every area of the car you know. cuz they say it does helps along with geting all new grounds. anyone think this actaully works?

Comment

??? anyone about the stabilizer?

Comment

might as well buy some 4 guage wire and re-ground your car cause that is the same thing.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

anyone else got anything to say about the stabilizer? i know new 4gauge grounds will be good but wouldnt a stabilizer help the eletric on the car at all?

Comment

its the same thing dont waste your money.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  in order to test an alternator correctly it has to have a good battery, some batteries test good but it can be going bad and not being able to hold the charge well.

if u put a voltage meter to the battery and have someone start the car, if it drops to 9.5 and lower then ur battery is on the way out.

if it has trouble starting and u narrow down like i said maybe its ur starter valve, its right on top of the intake air temp sensor on the upper plenum. thsoe take a line from the intake and goes directly to it...if its clogged then it may be struggling for air at startup.

but DO check the battery while starting.
                  Can you show me where the startup valve is exactly? I have changed a bunch of stuff in the pass couple weeks and still rough shitty startup, the car is fighting for something, could be air, could be gas(doubt its gas), dont really sure. Its strange because sometimes it starts just find and other times is REAL bad. Onky good thing is that I fix my irratic cold startup idle(fixed it in less than 2 mins).
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I have the same exact problems. I fixed my start up by raising my idle. It was at 200 rpm and the car would start and struggle to stay on then die out. Check that it might help. I experience power loss too with teh lights dimming, slow windows etc and I have this annoying whine accelerating UGH! I thinks its my alternator...

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
                      I have the same exact problems. I fixed my start up by raising my idle. It was at 200 rpm and the car would start and struggle to stay on then die out. Check that it might help. I experience power loss too with teh lights dimming, slow windows etc and I have this annoying whine accelerating UGH! I thinks its my alternator...
                      I have some of those symptoms but I dont think its my idle tho, idle have been adjusted more tahn once, irratic fixed, I'm about 800rpm or so. My car just starts to vibrate ans feels like it choking and shakes with a rough startup and then its smooths out?? I have checked, fixed and change some much stuff but still the same prob. Do you think bad plugs and wires might do this(not enough spark), they were changed recently but I had the oily/leaky valve cover gasket so maybe that messed them up??
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

man i changed my spark plugs and wires and vaule covers and still does the same thing. even changed my D cap along with the wires.

Comment

it's never the idle. it's set from the factory and they even put a little thread lock on it. sure turning it up seems to fix it, but it just overrides the real problem. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                            it's never the idle. it's set from the factory and they even put a little thread lock on it. sure turning it up seems to fix it, but it just overrides the real problem. later.
                            ^^ yup....thats like someone whos dirty.....dont want to take a bath..and throws on Cologne to cover up the 15 year old underarm onion smell and old drawls smell..

not a good Idea...
                            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                            X