Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pissed Off Clutch...

Alrighty...here's the story.

From when we got it last May untill very early June it has been/will be basically garage kept and hardly driven. My mom can't drive a stick and my dad really doesn't prefer to...and I'm still waiting for my permit.

So, every so often (generally over the weekend once) I take the car around my street, or over to the schools parking lot, or me and my dad take it out somewhere. Now the odd part is that the clutch goes in spurts. some days it's dialed in perfectly and shifts are smooth and all is good. Other days (like today) it was pissed and it like always shakes like mad when it's starting out from first and occasionally shifts hard when you're progressing into 2nd or 3rd. Now, I'm not great at driving it but I'm better than my dad. It did it for me too. And the clutch seems to want you to rev at like 2000+ and ease off the clutch as opposed to minorly gassing it and it goes. it's like you can't win. I don't drop the clutch and it was rplaced before we bought it (I think to pass inspection). Now...I'm no mechanic but something seems to be pissed off. Could the clutch need adjusted? Is it from not using it often?Could it maybe be the plugs and wires? Or even (dear god no) be that I need a new clutch? I know manuals always ride harder than autos but I don't wanna be rocking all the way down my street.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

really? that's all it is? glad to hear i don't need a new clutch... how much does one go for? and why would something like that cause vibrations like that?

thanks for the help!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

alrighty

thanks! I'll try this...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

is this the culprit? can you tell what kinda condition it's in without taking it off?
        Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Nice how-to!

Could you just like pick them up at like an Advanced Auto Parts or a Pep-Boys? Will I need to worry about anything getting out of place when I take those bolts off? All i need to do is take off those bolts...correct?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Thanks on your help! I might try this tomorrow or Monday.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
            X