Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Issues

Hey guys,
    I have done my homework, done all the research on this issue and I'm pretty sure that I'm having starter issues.

Problem
    About 2 weeks ago, the car started acting up. Basically, when I attempt to start it, I only hear a clicking sound. So, to get it started, I need to turn the key twice (like cranking it) and it will start.

Assumption:
    I think the starter is getting stuck, that's why it won't crank over, thus the clicking sound.

AutoZone
    I asked them about the price for their starters, and they asked me what type of starter did I have? If its a "Mitsuba" (I think) or Nippondenso
    So, I said that I will ask the Accord experts

CB7Tuner:
    I let Honda slide with the brakes type but now I have the same issue with the starter? WFT was HONDA THINKING???
    So, how can I tell what type of starter do I have?
    As far as I know, I got
    91 Accord EX (5 Speed)
    Akebono Brakes (if it matters in this case)

Thanks for any input

95 Accord Wagon EX - Stock

Mine said right on the started. So i'm pretty sure it'll say the brand on the side of the starter or atleast somewhere on it.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
    ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on guys, how can I tell what type of starter do I have???

Comment

Originally posted by Makelo
        BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on guys, how can I tell what type of starter do I have???

look at the damn thing, he just told you......all i've seen had a sticker on it and i've never had an issue

so look at it

if worse comes to worse, compare the AUTOZONE starters to what is on your car........
        Last edited by rickyduckworth; 07-16-2006, 11:56 AM.
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          look at the damn thing, he just told you......all i've seen had a sticker on it and i've never had an issue

so look at it

if worse comes to worse, compare the AUTOZONE starters to what is on your car........
          iIf it had a sticker I wouldn't be asking DUMB ASS!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by Makelo; 07-16-2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X