Water Pump gone? l00k~!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Pump gone? l00k~!

Hey i was wondering if anyone knows how to check if your waterpump is gone. I need to know asap because i really dont wanna spend 400 on that. Well let me know please

Thanks again_

Wayne

92 accord ex in the making i hope

your going to have to. i doubt the guy u bought the car from changed it at all. really if u want that car to last then ur going to have to do alot of things to it.

it would be nice to swap ur old motor out with his, it will probably laset alot longer.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hmm i wasnt aware of the cost of a new water pump.. goodness

edit: or is that your overall quote...pump,belt and labor?
      Last edited by accordzoom; 04-02-2004, 04:34 AM.

Comment

correct

Comment

dude did u do what we told u to do to check what is wrong with the car. don't just go to the water pomp. check the other things like the colant, the thermostat, the temp swich, check this out then go to the water pomp.
          and next time it overheats just open the AC and the AC's fan will cool the colant in the radiator(this will mean that u got a folty fan or not enough colant)
          if u water pomp didn't work then u could not drive around for more than 10 min without ur car getting overheating like a bitch.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

exactly ,he right man,i told you to change thermo,you can do it yourself within 10 mins man. start off with what we told you and if those thing dont help then move on.same thing with your oil,you hafta maintain the car on a reguler basis cmon now.

Comment

Things to check when an overheating problem occurs:
              1. most likely the Termostat is faulty, especally if you cannot remember or dont know the age of it.

2. Water Pump could be going out, signs are water/coolant leaking from under the timing belt cover, right next to the oil pan.
              Water pumps can be found OEM brand new for like $45 NO BS www.autohausaz.com is where i picked up mine, and i have no problems at all Made in Japan also.

3. coolant level check, do you have enough, is it slowly leaking from somewhere? Like at the Water pump= replacement

4. Radiator could be cloged up from using regular water, which caused a mineral build up inside the system. USE ONLY Distilled Water from the stores NEVER tap or hose water. Of course properly mixed with a high quality antifreeze. 50/50 minimum.

5. Cooling fans not kicking on while in traffic, idling. Good luck
              Sleeper Style

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                exactly ,he right man,i told you to change thermo,you can do it yourself within 10 mins man. start off with what we told you and if those thing dont help then move on.same thing with your oil,you hafta maintain the car on a reguler basis cmon now.
                hahaha agreed with everyone too! i told you as well..change that thermostat first.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X