Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG I burn a gallon of oil between changes!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMGGGGGGGGGGG I burn a gallon of oil between changes!!!!!

I just did my oil change for the first time and when I poured what was in the pan out it was a quart. Mind you, I had to put a quart in before because I was getting low oil pressure. My pan was kind of oily before I did the change...what the hell could it be??? I'm guessing I need a new pan gasket or possibly a whole new pan as mine has taken a beating.

Anyone else running through oil like GAS?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

nope, sry to hear that you are though hope you get her fixed.
    10th anniversary crew #1

Comment

i ran though oil right b4 my engine went, it was my rear main seal leaking badly

Comment

Damn I lose like 1/2 a quart a year. I don't have it that bad. You should start checking your oil like every morning before you start up. I bet your oil pan has taken quite a beating with that drop of yours lol

I'm not too sure but to change the oil pan i think you have to drop the crossmember right? Good luck. It might just be your block though.

Comment

I'm starting to think I might need a new motor...AHHH not thoughts of selling again...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

my car used to leak like crazy i put new seals when i did my timing belt and also new oil pan gasket and new valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals upper and lower were leaking like crazy
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

So how long have you been driving on 1 quart of oil?
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

If all else fails, swap FTW!!!

Comment

i really didnt understand wtf i just read...but i have a small leak in my oil pan..and i have to put about 2 quarts in every 7 days...lol..untill i put my new oil pan on... thanks xwade for the oil pan btw

Comment

no need to sell your car just because of an oil leak.

it could be comming for the oil filter, oil pan plug, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, or some other spot. just get under there with a flashlight and see where it's wet. if it's to oily to tell, clean it off with brake cleaner, drive it some, then check again. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Dude your a fucking idiot.

Oh I have a hangover, and have to go to the airport

BULLSHIT

Your always full of shit

6 people were there

You always back down

and it pisses me off

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Dude your a fucking idiot.

Oh I have a hangover, and have to go to the airport

BULLSHIT

Your always full of shit

6 people were there

You always back down

and it pisses me off
                        Boo fucking hoo

I took my dad to the airport and found an apartment today

Sorry a CB7t meet didn't take top priority...

Come to NYC, we have meets on the regular

Comment

the title says "i burn oil" then the thread is about an oil "leak".
                          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

I thought you were better than this man. I'm willing to bet you smashed your oil pan cuz you're lowered pretty good there. Just check it out and track where the oil is leaking from because I doubt your engine is consuming that much oil, it has to be leaking.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Well guys, my brother didn't keep up on his 2.4 nissan, it was leaking from the pan and the front main seal bad..... he had the same thing happen. He changed the oil, there was about a quart in the pan and he had been driving hard. Bye-bye rings! Now the thing smokes like a sumofabeyotch. Don't even mention the word "sell," x2 for swap for teh win!!
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X