Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should i do while the motor is out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should i do while the motor is out?

yeh im doing the 5 speed swap next week..pullin the whole motor out just for more room and to make things easier. Wgile the motoirs out what little or big things could i do? im porbably gonna change my water pump and timing belt..timing belt seemns hard as hell to do tho...what else is there..already did plugs n wires...what else should i do to help my engine run at its peak...seems like a retarded question but..i jus dunno what i could clean or replace or w.e

any helps appreciated

timing belt package: rear main, crank seal, balnace shaft seal, cam seal, water pump, both belts .... dont forget the balance shaft seal retainer, that way it doesnt walk out on you. Timing belt package is easy to do as long as you take ur time, and mark EVERYTHING so it is reassembled EXACTLY the same way

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

just replace everything that looks/seems like it would be a bitch to do with the motor in.

Comment

I would just leave the motor as is why spend more when you dont have to save your money if the bitch aint broke or on the verge of breaking why fuck with it. Concentrate on something else so that if some shit happens later on down the line youll be prepped for it.

Comment

It's called preventitive maintenance sparkle.

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

i'd clean the flippin engine bay. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

jump in and take a picture!
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X