h22a HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a HELP!

alright guys found my self another cb7 w/ h22a.......well yea yesterday i was driving it just normal all day pulls hard everything fine....i woke up today got in the car and now it wont turn on .....it will crank but it wont start....i pulled the wire off the distributor and i see no spark when trying to start the engine....im guessing theres no spark...what do i change or what can it be?
    cb7 A NEW ERA

COULD POSSIBLY BE THE MAIN RELAY WHICH RUNS THE FUEL PUMP AND 6 OTHER THINGS. I WOULD HAVE TO SEE IT IN PERSON BUT THAT HAPPENED TO MINE A WHILE BACK ONLY IT WASNT GETTING FUEL.

Comment

shit ill check it out right now
      cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Well if there is no spark might wanna go look around in the distributor. Has a tune up been done on the car before? Is this an internal or external coil?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i changed the coil inside the dist cap....still no spark
          cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

have you checked out the fuses and grounds and all that good stuff. Relay under the hood and the fuse box unde rhte hood and under the dash.

Comment

yea looks like all fuses are good....i checked grounds....i changed the ext. and internal coils......now there is spark and theres fuel.....cranks and it sounds like it wants to turn on bot doesnt .....but just goes back to cranking and wanting to turn on.....i did take off the distributor to change the coil....you all think ive might of jumped up the timing? or what can it be
              cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

anyone???
                cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider93ex
                  ....i changed the ext. and internal coils......
                  Thats a new one on me.

you cant jump the timing by taking off the distributor, you might have messed up the timing. Anytime you take it off you need to mark it before. Its probably that if you have nice strong spark.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

its fixed...timing
                    cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

wish it was a cb7 though...its an EG hatch h22a
                      cb7 A NEW ERA

Comment

Working...
                      X