feeling a loss of power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling a loss of power steering

ok i recently replaced my steering rack and its been great having power steering, so recently i go and get it lined up and my steering wheel had been put on wrong so I of course have to take the 2 10mm bolts outta the steering knuckle, anyways i walk off with the steering wheel still off and come back to find my friend spinning my wheel around like an idiot so anyways i bolt it all back up and everythings good, a few days later i notice my cruise control doesn't like to come on and steering is getting kinda tight...i'm pretty sure the wheel has something to do with it but i was just wondering what i can do to remedy this..ya i kno sorry long post hehe

bump, my horn doesn't work either

Comment

he may have busted your crusie control wires by spinning it. also if yours has an air bag check the spiral cable its the piece just under the steering wheel its plastic theres a good chance he might have broken it that is if yours is a 92-93.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Ya, you broke the clock spring that allows wires to come through the steering column. It is directly behind the wheel. I would head to the junk yard.. I'm sure the part is $$$ from the dealer.

Comment

you think thats why my steering is tight? i doubt the rack or ps pump are bad...so i should invest in a whole new steering column or what?

Comment

Originally posted by relited
            you think thats why my steering is tight? i doubt the rack or ps pump are bad...so i should invest in a whole new steering column or what?
            Yeah your clock spring aka cable reel is crap. Junk yard or ebay best bet. I just shit mine last week got a replacement off ebay. Majestic sells em for 119 or 175 depending on the model. ebay search clock spring
            Momma told me not to look in the eyes of the sun,,,, but Momma that's were the fun is......
            Steven Adler

1993 Accord EX JDM F22a6 4 door Sedan

Comment

aight, how does one replace a cable reel?

Comment

Working...
              X