Catalytic Converter ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalytic Converter ???

i think my CATALYTIC CONVERTER is messed up or maybe is clogged or something cuz my car keeps holding back. sometimes i can press the gas and it kinda feels like it just holds back and out of no were it will finally just and go . just something isnt right. my whole exhaust is new but my CATALYTIC CONVERTER and headers. so i was just thinking of geting a new one and see maybe if that stops the bull shit. anyways. i wasnt trying to buy one from autozone or what not cuz its over $100 and i know on ebay or whatever they have some cheap aftermarket ones. but which one would people think i should buy? i dont have anything racing and dont want anything high performance. just an upgrade from the stock kinda or something near that will be good and do the job. so does anyone have a Link or something that i should buy?

Thanks alot..
    Last edited by honda83; 07-02-2006, 08:08 PM.

i was also wondering. i know that a bad Catalytic Converter can cause loss of power like riding wise. but what about power like with diming of headlights and maybe causeing a car to die out sometimes to fast?

and also what about starting up in the morning? cuz out of no were my car starts up so shity in the morning. like it struggles to turn on . and if i was to drive it for 20minutes and have it sit there for about 8 hours( while am at work) and then when i get out and start it up. it still starts up shity. not as bad as the morning. but still not normal..
    Last edited by honda83; 07-02-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Your alternator may be going bad with the dimming headlights problem. As for the cat, if you buy something from ebay don't buy the test pipe ones, those are just a straight through design with no catalyst and are actually illegal for street use. If you want a true high flow cat or just a new one you're going to have to shell out some bucks. Or, if nothing else, go to a junk yard...but I don't know if you can trust a junked car's cat
      Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

i have a new alternator and the batter is good (tested it at pep boys) but am not looking for a new one and like i said before am not looking for a performance one or nothing. just something new and maybe a little upgrade on the one i got now. like i said before i dont have anything racing and my car is auto so i dont need anything thats going to cost alot. just something close to Stock. something that is just going to work and be good for a long time. thats all

Thanks

Comment

U can get a Catco converter from Summit Racing for 100$ or get a Random Technology for 220$ from ebay.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Depending on where you live; just buy a test pipe..

Comment

get under your car and unbolt the exhaust from the inlet of the cat. Take a flashlight and look to see if its clogged. There should be a light colored mesh / honeycomb lookin thing. You want the holes to be clear, not clogged up with carbon. If it is clogged try and figure out why it got clogged, and fix the source of the problem

hold on to your butts

Comment

Or you can just gut the cat

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                  Or you can just gut the cat

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

^^I always wondered what a good use for an air chisel would be....

hold on to your butts

Comment

Working...
                    X