keeping the A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keeping the A/C

This is for all the people that retain the a/c of the swap and the everday drivers. I wanted to let you guys know that one of the mechanics told me that the 4gen accord has the best A/C lines to hold the most a/c. Plus If you get a refilling in the lines, get the R12. Ask the person at the cornter, even though its more expensive, its the coldest freyon. Nowa days dealer are puting R13. But the thing is R13 only gets to 40*. R12 gets to about 25 ot 30*. That so cold, that you can get the flu, in the summer time. Its so cold that you have an extra pair of long johns ready so when you go driving you put them on, so you enjoy the ride. Trust me on this post i have tried them both.
    Last edited by DaBzzMn; 07-01-2006, 01:58 AM.
    1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
    2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
    3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
    Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
    Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
    ... one of the mechanics told me that the 4gen accord has the best A/C lines ...
    Must be true. My '91 has never had its A/C serviced --- 246,xxx going strong (and cold!)

I didn't even know R12 was still for sale or anyone was legally able to use it anymore. I mean, no one converts to R134a because they prefer it.

Also, you don't get the flu from cold weather --- that's a correlation due to other factors such as repressed immune system during Winter --- but not cold weather per se.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

R12 vs R134....The A/C is similar we did a thing in class and R12 was only a couple degrees colder. You can buy R12 its called Freeze 12.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

of course you cant get the flu, its an exagguration (in ebonics). Its not illegal or anything, but if you let it out in open air, thats when the trouble starts. Most dealerships have the stuff stocked.
        1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
        2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
        3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
        Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
        Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          R12 vs R134....The A/C is similar we did a thing in class and R12 was only a couple degrees colder. You can buy R12 its called Freeze 12.
          you are correct about r12 is colder than r134.

"INFO"
          If neone want to convert over from r12 should go w/Hot Shot, R-414B .But make sure u recover 80%-90% of the r12 be4 charging
          No oil changes required at any temperature application.
          8% more efficient than R-12.
          15-20% more efficient than R-134
          No expensive parts retrofits
          Near duplication of R-12 operating characteristics
          Last edited by peego; 07-01-2006, 08:51 PM.
          JDM H23 VTEC PROJECT
          JDM H22/F22/H23/B18 PARTS FOR SALE
          91 Accord Sedan Ex Mulberry Pearl Red (GAVE IT AWAY) Turbo
          91 accord Ex wagon Green (SOLD)
          92 Accord Lx (SOLD)
          92 civic sedan Lx (SOLD)
          93 accord Ex wagon Frost White (parting out: SOLD)
          07 Fit SSS (Traded)
          07 FG2 Si Sedan (Traded)
          05 Honda Pilot EXL Pearl White
          97 Honda Odyssey LX W/Sunroof Pearl White[/B]

http://1facewatch.com/

Looking for a referral and planning on switching to Cricket Wireless

Comment

Working...
          X