Ideas for passig inspectioon w/turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for passig inspectioon w/turbo

I dunno if anyone else has gone through inspection with thier car turbo or swapped, but I just starting thinking about it now that I'm knee deep in my project and my tag expires next year The previous owner of the other cb7 i took my swap out of passed inspection, with the swap(h23) headwork, full exhaust etc. <<<did have a CAT. But he did swap in the stock ecu b4 he went in b/c he wasn't sure if he could pass with the chipped ECU. But i'm not sure what i can do to pass. I mean I'm a little worried about what all i'm gonna have to do to get this thing to pass. SoOoOo i was wondering what some of you other guys have done to pass with a turbo
    Last edited by HaulAss247; 07-02-2006, 01:15 AM.
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Pass state inspection or emissions inspection?
    wat

Comment

state, well either for that matter

Comment

It mostly depends on your tune and some other stuff. But mostly your tune for emissions.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Go NC for just requiring safety inspection on OBD-I cars. One day I will take a closeup picture of my sticker and post it in every one of these threads.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i passed emissions with my turbo accord, i had a cat tho... i passed with really low numbers so i might have passed it without a cat too
            You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

for the right amount of money you can pass

Comment

^^^ yea i think i will try and pass with the cat of course/ and still running the chipped ecu. If i can't pass i'll switch to the stock ecu and try again.
                but lets try and keep this thread going, with maybe some other tips who are in or are going to be in my same situation

Comment

Why would you go from your chipped to your stock? Stock wouldnt run the turbo setup correctly. Best way is to play with the tune if you know what your doing.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

oh i almost forgot, before you get the emissions, drive the car about 20-30 minutes so its really hot and then go... the ecu should be set by then and you'll have a much higher chance of passing. (keep the car running while u wait)
                    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Why would you go from your chipped to your stock? Stock wouldnt run the turbo setup correctly. Best way is to play with the tune if you know what your doing.
                      I'm saying that only because I know that the car passed easily with the stock ecu going through inspection. But of course that was non turbo, just swapped. But I dunno I'll try with the chipped ecu def. and heat the living shit out of the cat.
                      Last edited by HaulAss247; 07-01-2006, 10:45 PM.

Comment

tell them its not a turbo, but converts exhaust fumes to ethanol to reduce emissions and increase gas milage

see if they buy it..rolmfao

regards

x

Comment

^^^lol

Comment

Working...
                          X