torque specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torque specs

i need the torque specs for the valvetrain caps that hold the cams down, i searched and found nothing, i would buy a manual, but i need to run the motor right now, any help is greatly appreciated

edit: this is for jdm h22
    Last edited by blackcb7; 06-30-2006, 01:39 AM.
    Members Ride

im going to guess and say there the same as the usdm ones.. 8x1.25 mm is 19 lb-ft and the 6x1.0 mm are 9 lb-ft
    92 Accord EX 2dr -- G22 project
    -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_CB7
      im going to guess and say there the same as the usdm ones.. 8x1.25 mm is 19 lb-ft and the 6x1.0 mm are 9 lb-ft
      are you sure, 19 lb seem to little for the valve train, i saw that number but that it was wrong
      Members Ride

Comment

i just copied what it said on Honda IN and if that's wrong then i wouldn't trust taking your car to a Honda dealership. i don't fully trust Haynes or whoevers numbers.

I found out on my f22 that those bolts can easly brake even if you you think there just snugg with a wrench.
        Last edited by Chaos_CB7; 06-30-2006, 02:10 AM.
        -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_CB7
          i just copied what it said on Honda IN and if that's wrong then i wouldn't trust taking your car to a Honda dealership. i don't fully trust Haynes or whoevers numbers.

I found out on my f22 that those bolts can easly brake even if you you think there just snugg with a wrench.
          i'm not saying they are wrong, if that is the correct torque, then thnks man
          Members Ride

Comment

Trust a manual over people IMO..
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              Trust a manual over people IMO..
              good advice, i don't know why i just didn't send you the pdf last night.

http://s3.quicksharing.com/v/7422802/1h22_head.pdf.html
              Last edited by Chaos_CB7; 06-30-2006, 12:44 PM.
              -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Via ALLDATA Online, those bolts torque to 12 N-m which translates to 8.85 ft/lb or 102.21 inch/lb.

edit: That's for a 94 Prelude H22A DOHC VTEC USDM. There should be no difference in torque specifications, I'm assuming.
                wat

Comment

thats just for the 8 smaller bolts on the ends
                  -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Whoops! Sorry, I was looking at the bolt specs NEXT to the correct one. While if the diagram still works you can see it. SORRY!
                    wat

Comment

Working...
                    X