transmission is dieing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission is dieing

ok this just recently started... ive been hearing a loud clicking/ clanking noise from the engine bay... i used some of those things that doctors would use to use to hear your heart beat but meant for cars.. and it seams to be coming from the valve body... my question is what is the problem what could be getting tossed around in there?? also my tranny fluid is the color of syrup.... soo that needs to be changed.. .. thanks, david.

bump

Comment

someone plz help me!!

Comment

anybody??? anyone know? plz help

Comment

valve body?
          as in check your valve clearance?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            as in check your valve clearance?
            Sounds like you need to adjust your valves on your valvetrain. As for your engine oil have you changed it lately? Hows the level? And yea get that trans fluid changed. Periodic changes at intervals prevents trans failure.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This is gonna sound out of left field, but feel the back end of the boots on the spark plug wires (the part just outside your valve cover) when the engine is running. You may be able to feel the ticking form a certain cylinder.

I've failed 2 spark plugs (1 in the #2 and one in #3 cylinder) in the past 6 months, and I think I'm running too hot a plug for my driving style and autocross. I can feel a ticking in my #2 cylinder, and am almost sure that plug's on the way as well. I've never found anyone who can advise me on this problem, but it sounds a lot like yours.
              I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

Working...
              X