i finally broke down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i finally broke down

ok guys...i finally am bringing my car to honda to figure out what my problem is...before it was clunking when accelerating...so i replaced both axles my self (i hate having shops work on my car), now it is slipping out of 4th and into 3rd when im just cruzin on the highway...and it started out in 2nd the other day when i took off. im tired of trying to figure out the problem by myself and replacing things that arn't needed, so its going to honda! i think its the shifter cable but not sure. Thats what went on my old car.

Wish me luck!

Rocesride Member Page

Cable wouldnt cause slipping. Check your ATF if you have an auto trans. When you change axles sometimes a good amount will come out.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its not really slipping...i guess thats the wrong term...it really just shifts gears for no apparent reason...whatever it is, hopfully they will figure it out. And yes i do have an auto and the fluid is fine. thats the first thing i checked

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Sounds like your transmission is about to take a dump.

Comment

if it is...i guess that just means the 5spd swap a little sooner than i expected

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

alright so they told me my rear motor mount is shot and the shifter cable needed adjustment...after the adjustment, it shifts GREAT! and i guess im gonna have to replace the mount soon. They quoted me $250 just to do the mount! fuck that! im doin it myself

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Save even more money and get a front solid mount insert and put that in...it will help loads. 250 for a rear mount isnt that bad since you have to have the mani off to do it.
              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

i have access to a lift so can't i do it without taking the mani off?...and i can get the mount for 46 bucks

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

You can do it from underneath. But if you do pull of your mani and do it (which doesnt require a lift) You could clean it while your at it.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Im not really concerned about cleaning it...im doing an h22 swap as soon as i get the money. So i can just use the lift and replace the mount without touching the mani right?

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Should be able to. Been a while since I did mine so dont really remember. The last time i swapped it out was putting in the h22a and that was with the motor out so that was easy. Id have to lift my car and look at it again but temp away from my car. If you have access to a lift it means your at a shop usually. They got alldata or whatever? If they do you can look up the procedures on there.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My dad works at a high school and they have a mechanics shop there...the lift is open for the summer so i can use it when i want

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Working...
                        X