Adding IAB's to p28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding IAB's to p28

I just bought an auto obd1 usdm p28 and am trying to figure out how exactly to add IAB control to it. The wiki on pgmfi.org shows two different ways of doing it. http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/AddIABToP28 One says it's for obd1 usdm b18c1 conversion, the other says its for obd2/jdm b18c conversion. The difference between the two is whether the ecu sends a ground signal to the iab solenoid (usdm) or if it sends 12v. I have a jdm h22 so does anyone know if the pin a17 (iab pin on stock p13) sends a ground signal or 12v to the jdm h22 solenoid? Oh and I already know that IAB's don't give any major gains but I want them to work like stock nevertheless.
    Last edited by blackice; 06-24-2006, 09:19 PM.
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Might want to ask MRX on this one. I remember reading this on pgmfi but forgot what application it was for. You try asking their forums?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Bump for MRX or any of the other ecu guys. I posted about this on pgmfi too....
      Project 240SX
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

You running it off the nipple for temp solution? I would like to know this info even though I dont have an IAB box.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You can add IABs to any chipped ECU. You also can add VTEC to any shipped ECU. Now this will broaden your ECU search to the lower Civic and Integra ECU's. The P72 comes with stock IAB control, but its severely overpriced. So are the P28's. A chipped P06/05 can be programmed to do the job.

Comment

concentrate only on obd1, theres no use or rationalization in even looking at how the obd2 is done. The auto ecu's already have everything needed to open up the IAB's. Take out the resistor in R135 and take out D13 if anything is there. Put a jumper from the right side of R135 and connect it to the left side of D13 where the arrow is pointing just like in the picture. A17 is the pin for the IAB's and the ecu is sending the ground signal through it. At the IAB solenoid run one wire to the ecu and the other to a power source. Done.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I added IAB to P06 using the link you posted. I had a hard time sourcing the transistor for it, and just ended up ordering them online. I actually ordered 5 so I have some extras. Its a pain to solder them in, but once they are in you can set your IABs to engage at whatever RPM you want... but you know that already P06 rulez! my P06

I would guess it sends ground just like USDM. Why would they reverse it? Anyway, you can check by looking at the wiring harness... there are only two wires and one of them goes the the ECU and one will go to either +12V ign (black/yel) or ground (black?) iunno just trace the wires!
              Last edited by hemlockz; 06-27-2006, 10:04 AM.

hold on to your butts

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm gonna take a bunch of hi-res pictures of before and after for everyones reference.
                Project 240SX

Comment

Working...
                X