the S light keeps blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the S light keeps blinking

ok so while driving today(pizza delivery) my S light came on and kept blinking. i mean i didn't know what it means but from what i knew before i got feaked out because i thought something wrong with the AUTO trans.
    so i did search and i got a couple of questins.
    ok my situation is like this. when the S light comes up and it blinks i shut down the car and start it again and light doesn't come back on for a while. i mean tonight in a matter of 6 hours the light came up only 3 times.
    someone said that i can check the code on that S light,,, the same way i check for engine code. can someone translater that. do i go and to the same plug and read the check engine light >>>> or does the TCU have a different plug on its self.
    i mean i don't know shit about auto trans so please bare with me for a minute or so.
    and my oil smells a little burn but it has always smelled like that since i bought the car 2 years ago. i have changed the oil twice since then>>> because i work as pizza delivery so i do the maintenance a lil more ofter then u guys.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

thats sick two years on one car delivering pies.......i went through one in three months but it was a nissan..sorry i cant help you out i dont know anything about codes only thing i can say is if it isnt broke dont fix it..good luck bro
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

well just checked the trans oil and that shit is black as the fucking night. i mean part of the level is oil and part it was black. fuckkkk i mean i always had problems with this fucking car. fuck. i hate this auto trans. i am about to put a fucking manual trans.
      so is my auto trans fucked????? i say yeah big fucking time. what do u think.

Comment

Check and see what the code is, more than likely its your trans control unit and not the trans itself. Honda transmissions are extremely durable. Just keep it properly maintained, and it will last forever.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

yeah but the thing is that the S light keeps blinking,,,, after i start the car back it don't come up for a while. yesterday in a matter of 6 hours it came up only 3 times. and after i start the car again the light don't come up. today i changed the oil and that shit is all black

Comment

Like I said....check the code, see what it is.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

imo it is your speed sensor it is on your tanny do a search and you may find something about it on here I changed mine it is easy it cost me $50 used and the light stoped blinking
              R.I.PNOW

Comment

well my gogles work fine. no problem there. when the S light comes up i can feel the auto trans. it shifts from the 1st gear to the 3rd. what the fuck happen to the 2nd gear. shit . i have to stop shut the car down and then start it again so the automatic trans can work fine. u know to shift from the fucking 1st gear to the fucking 2nd gear to the 3rd hear.
                fuck i got to get my agenger somewhere. don't know where.

Comment

I had the same problem with my 91 Accord. First it was the speed sensor (my speedo was wacked), changed that and everything was fine. Second time it came on, I pulled some codes and found that it was my solenoids. I changed them and everything is fine (knock on wood). Probably your TCM. Like what MrHonda said, "check the codes." Good luck.
                  "Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy Valvano

Comment

yesterday while working when the S light came up i didn't shut the car down and start it up so i noticed that my car would shift from 1st gear to 3rd gear. fuck

Comment

is your favorite word fuck?.....just curious?

Comment

lol when ged fustrated one in two words is going to be fuck. i need to find something to get my fustration off me. lol
                        anyways guys i got the code for the automatic transmision and it is a >>>>> 7. now i didn't find it on the manual. (maybe i am looking at the wronge place.) but what does it mean.
                        code 7 for the automatic transmision.
                        91accord4door. sorry dude if u got offended.

Comment

so i got the codes out from the S light and it gives me a code 7. what does it mean.
                          yesterday while working i notices something.
                          usually when i get the S light i turn off the car and start it again so the S light don't come out anymore. but yesterday i worked a lil bit with the S light on. i noticed that my automatic trans shifted from 1st gear to 3rd gear. what is up with the 2nd gear.
                          so i turn off the car and start it again. then the automatic transmision shifted normal. u know 1st gear then 2nd gear then 3rd gear.
                          so what is a code 7.

Comment

Sounds like trans control unit to me.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

does anyone know what code 7 mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X