Bad Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Gas

what do i do if i have bad gas in my car? how do i fix it? Can i use an additive?

No...this is what i recommend...i had this problem and this is what good year did and it ran fuckin perfect!
    1. Drain out all the bad gas/replace with High Octane.
    2. Change plugs and wires.
    3. Check fuel filter as water or contaminates might still be in it and if need be replace that.
    This is all real easy and you can do it all for WAY less then a shop will charge. thats my suggestion.

Oh yea and if your lucky you might have a drain plug for your tank..i know i do but im not sure if any or all of our cb's have em...the shop i went to said they dont see that too often so i dunno

EDIT- and on a side note i didnt know it was bad gas till i had it towed in...i changed my plugs and wires and it still ran like shit and wouldnt hold a crank so i didnt want to risk driving it anywhere because if i started it and held it up above 3k after 5-10 mins it would be warm enough that it would stay running but it ran like shit and so i didnt want to risk fuckin it up so i had it towed to good year and thats when they were like bad gas and i was like ur fuckin kiddin me...but the gas station reimburst me the full price of everything so im happy
    Last edited by Ralphie; 06-19-2006, 05:00 AM.

Comment

how much did the shop charge u im tempted to bring it to the shop just to find out if its bad gas but it seems like everything u have sed is going on with mine.

Comment

well it was about 190 but i also had them hard wire my drivers side low beam cuz i didnt have the time to do it and the low beam was out so i figured might as well let them do it since im paying already so figure about 150-175 dollars....i mean it all depends on what they do but 190 was including the tow/parts/new gas/and labor so i thought it wasnt too bad. They said that when they dipped a rag in my gas they couldnt even light it on fire it was so diluted..i was like ok im killing someone for this! But yea its up too you...id say if you drained the gas and changed plugs and wires youd be str8!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
          No...this is what i recommend...i had this problem and this is what good year did and it ran fuckin perfect!
          1. Drain out all the bad gas/replace with High Octane.
          2. Change plugs and wires.
          3. Check fuel filter as water or contaminates might still be in it and if need be replace that.
          This is all real easy and you can do it all for WAY less then a shop will charge. thats my suggestion.

Oh yea and if your lucky you might have a drain plug for your tank..i know i do but im not sure if any or all of our cb's have em...the shop i went to said they dont see that too often so i dunno

EDIT- and on a side note i didnt know it was bad gas till i had it towed in...i changed my plugs and wires and it still ran like shit and wouldnt hold a crank so i didnt want to risk driving it anywhere because if i started it and held it up above 3k after 5-10 mins it would be warm enough that it would stay running but it ran like shit and so i didnt want to risk fuckin it up so i had it towed to good year and thats when they were like bad gas and i was like ur fuckin kiddin me...but the gas station reimburst me the full price of everything so im happy

yo mayne...what year is your CB??? I have a 90 EX F22A4 manual..USDM..

and I don't think mine has a drain plug on the tank...but if it does..(which I will check tomorrow)...Imma a lucky SOB....
          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

ok i just checked and yes i do have a drain plug on my gas tank. at least it looks like one.

ok i went ahead and checked my oil level and its was fine, i just changed it like 2 weeks ago. BUT it looked like it could of been runny. now i add some lucas fuel system treatment to the tank.

what im wondering is that if there is moisture in the fuel and it gets sprayed into the engine, can it get past the piston rings and get into the oil? we cant compress water, so it would stay in the cylinder right? my car DOESNT smoke so i figured the piston rings arent bad. im confused. i dont know what the hell is going on.

Comment

Working...
            X