No announcement yet.

Synthetic or regular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

synthetic oil is slipperier (sp?) thats the word for it...... feel regular oil and then feel synthetic of same same weight such as 5w-30. the synthetic just feels....slipperier

also, u will notice that synthetic will leak more readily through a specified crack/deterioration in a gasket then regular oil.
    Last edited by accrdpower; 06-21-2006, 05:34 PM.
    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
      just remember, if u have any oil leaks using regular, when switching to synthetic, the leaks will be worse since synthetic oil is thinner and can squeeze through the little cracks and crevases. just word of warning. but it is better and does outperform regular oil. and if u think about it, the extra what $2-3/quart or $12 total is nothing. def worth the extra 10-12 bucks. if u r switching to regular, get any oil leaks fixed first. and Royal purple is da bomb when it comes to synthetic oil.
      man...talk about false information..... , if you dont know what your talking about, simply keep out of threads. your wrong more often than your right. your basically saying that synthetic 5w30 is thinner than dino 5w30.....how the hell do you explain that? i switched from dino 5w30 to mobile1 5w30 when my motor on my civic hit 130k....not one leak...nothing at all.

Comment

with 4,000 posts u would think u would have something to say but everything that comes outta your mouth is more bashing/useless banter......even I have more to say than u even if half of it is wrong even if 90% is wrong....
        My members ride thread

Comment

with 4,000 posts u would think u would have something to say but everything that comes outta your mouth is more bashing/useless banter......even I have more to say than u even if half of it is wrong even if 90% is wrong....
          Just fuckin' give up dude. How old are you, 17?? You fuckin' kids do this all the time, keep spewing useless shit to try and save face...very annoying and stupid. This isn't high school you tool. "I have more to say than u even if half of it is wrong even if 90% is wrong" What the fuck is that shit?!? You mean to say that you're better for spraying MORE incorrect shit than the next guy?

You're a fuckin' moron!

Triple cha-ching today folks, this one's on a roll
          Last edited by Dirty Harry; 06-21-2006, 05:45 PM.

Comment

thats becuase this topic has been coverd numerous times and they all turn out the same way....useless. I simply posted becuase i was amazed at your idiotic post. Its ok to believe your always right....but its not alright to try and get people to believe what you believe....thats wrong.

Comment

i'm actually at college, senior...taking grad classes. pre-med. and i am not even 1 year into the car aspect. so yea alot of what i say may be wrong. and yes i know this info has been covered numerous times.....and if u read the old threads on it, u will see where i got my "thinner"
              My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                Oh, stay away from Mobil 1 synthetic, that stuff burns a lot. You think im lying? research it. Mobil 1 oil filters on the other hand are top of the line next to K&N.
                Strange, I ran my mobil1 10,000 hard miles, didnt burn a bit of it, then I did it again... and again... and oh wait, I still havent burned a fucking drop.

Comment

i'm actually at college, senior...taking grad classes. pre-med. and i am not even 1 year into the car aspect. so yea alot of what i say may be wrong. and yes i know this info has been covered numerous times.....and if u read the old threads on it, u will see where i got my "thinner"
                  hmm...thats why you cant believe a lot of the b.s you read on here becuase theres so much misinformation. but if you actually think about it being "thinner" it really doesnt make sens to you.....does it?

Comment

lol a mod should just close the thread...between me giving out falso info (my fualt for not speaking with right words) and Doctor spewing his rant left and right wasting thread space like me, and other random false info/opinions. different people will have different experiences with different oils. one motor may burn mobile1 night and day and one may not burn it. this topic has been covered numerous times....just search b4 hand. and doctor just makes himself look even more childish by using his cha-ching. i think it is more humerous bc it's totally ridiculous rather than actually meaning anything
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                      hmm...thats why you cant believe a lot of the b.s you read on here becuase theres so much misinformation. but if you actually think about it being "thinner" it really doesnt make sens to you.....does it?

well no but that was the only thing i could think of at the time. when u feel the two oils in two different hands the synthetic feels different. hard to explain. and yes alot of info on this site is either misinfo or opinion. very little fact is invovled. all opinions and experiences. only facts are dynos/prices/anything scanned/pictures and videos.
                      Last edited by accrdpower; 06-21-2006, 06:00 PM.
                      My members ride thread

Comment

and yes alot of info on this site is either misinfo or opinion. very little fact is invovled. all opinions and experiences. only facts are dynos/prices/anything scanned/pictures and videos.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with a flushing "oil" you put in to clean deposits? I'm gonna switch to synthetic when I replace all my seals.
                          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

If you change your oil regularly, 3,000 for Dino, more for synthetic, you will be just fine.

I have run dino oil in my car for 215,000 with changes at 3,000 mile intervals.

My compression isn't lower than normal cars with synthetic use and less or equal mileage.

There is no additional deposit buildup compared to normal cars with equal or even less mileage with synthetic use.

I have had my oil pan, valve cover, valve train, and both manifolds off of the car for various reasons, and there is no additional deposit build up, or metal bronzing than a normal car with less or equal mileage and synthetic usage.

In short, there is no evidence of inferior wear due to dino oil, and I drive mine harder than 99.99% of the population.

I just switched to synthetic to extend my change intervals and to try it out.

Other than really high revving/high performance NA, Turbo engines or gas turbines, there is no real requirement to run synthetic. Most H22 or B series owners probably don't even need synthetic, although with the way I drive, I would be seriously inclined to consider it in one of these.

The main advantage to synthetic for the average car user is the ability to run longer between changes. Most people don't do that anyway, so most people are throwing money away.

I am not saying anyone is dumb for using it, but in the vast majority of cases, it is unnecessary.

To each his own...
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well no but that was the only thing i could think of at the time. when u feel the two oils in two different hands the synthetic feels different. hard to explain. and yes alot of info on this site is either misinfo or opinion. very little fact is invovled. all opinions and experiences. only facts are dynos/prices/anything scanned/pictures and videos.

Everything I post on this site is based on fact.

If you care to come to my house, so I can verify that for you feel free at any time.

Just because I don't post scans of everything, doesn't mean I am making it up. Threads like this aren't worth that much of my time.

You can take if for what its worth, or you can go find your own conclusion.

By the way, you haven't helped the misinformation process any.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                                There is no additional deposit buildup compared to normal cars with equal or even less mileage with synthetic use.
                                I can't just sit here and let you say this. That is definitely untrue. I have torn down countless engines of all makers and I can most definitely vouch for the fact that a long use of dino oil leaves an engine looking much worse than if it had run synthetic oil long-term.

Originally posted by owequitit
                                In short, there is no evidence of inferior wear due to dino oil, and I drive mine harder than 99.99% of the population.
                                Also a painfully false statement.
                                Last edited by Dirty Harry; 06-22-2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X