No Fuel.HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Fuel.HELP!!!

I tried starting up my cr today and it turned but it wouldn't turn over,so I went for the basics spark and fuel.I took off my fuel line and put a paper towl thrue it.I tried starting it also pumping it with gas and the paper towl was drie.So I was wondering what you guys think.I am thinking the fuel pump.Were is the fuel pump? Do I need to drop my gas tank? Thanks

It may be the fuel pump or the main relay. Do U hear the fuel pump engage when U turn the key to ON. Try to listen to that sound. If there's no sound, U fuel pump is out.
    The fuel pump is in the gas tank and YES, U need to drop the tank.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

have you been to the gas station lately?

its probably the pump or main relay, check the relay first, its easier to fix

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Is the relay that thing between the trung and rear seets covered by the metal piece?If so how do I check if its any good or not?Thanks again

Comment

If its what I am thinking of than no. That is your fuel sending unit. Your main relay id under the dash near the steering column. Do a search on here for main relay and there will be a diagram of exactly where it is.

Suggestion....go buy a haynes manual..it will tell you everything you need to know.
          No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
            It may be the fuel pump or the main relay. Do U hear the fuel pump engage when U turn the key to ON. Try to listen to that sound. If there's no sound, U fuel pump is out.
            The fuel pump is in the gas tank and YES, U need to drop the tank.

Yo...I don't hear the fuel pump engage at all when I turn my key ON....BUT it starts....and thats in the middle of the night ( 4am )..when everyone is sleep.....QUIETNESS...best time to work on your car!!

rayden...got a question for you.......

you think a MECHANICAL fuel pump would work better than an ELECTRICAL one????
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Is the brown one the main relay?
              What is supose to be pluged into the grey one?No its not that silver ECU'ish computer because that one I just moved.Can someone tell me what what its for and If that would be the reason that im not getting fuel?Thanks

Comment

Yes that brown thing is your main relay. Pressing the Accelerator while cranking does not help the motor. The only time you pump an accelerator is when you got a carbureted car.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So can someone tell me what the grey one is for?I have no clue.Thanks!!!

Comment

Do you have cruise control? I forgot if the cruise control is a grey wire havent been under my dash in a while.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So that might be my cruise control,cool.
                      So how do I test my main relay?
                      Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                        So that might be my cruise control,cool.
                        So how do I test my main relay?
                        Thanks!!!
                        I forgot how to test it. Actually I didnt even test mine since I knew it was the problem. If someone has a helms handy on them or yourself there should be some procedures. I just pulled out the damn thing and soldered all the points that had solder on them put it back in and bam works wonders and its free if you have a soldering gun and solder handy.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So you just sodered the wires directly to the main relay?Is it posible for the actual main relay to be bad?Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                            So you just sodered the wires directly to the main relay?Is it posible for the actual main relay to be bad?Thanks
                            No i popped out the relay and soldered the board inside not the wires.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

What did you sauder?

Comment

Working...
                              X