Off and on smoking when idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off and on smoking when idle?

Ok i searched and i did find a thread on this but it was for when the car is shut off...my question is simple...every now and then when i drive and im at a red light idling ill notice it is smoking and its white and not heavy..almost looks like someone is smoking a ciggerette behind me. I use to think it might be other cars behind me and ive tried putting it in n and watching the exaust but its always clear when i do that. I havent put it in d and applied the ebrake but i dont think it will work that way...umm so basically light white smoke in d at red lights every so often not a lot and it smells like gas..sort of not exactly..so i want to know if its normal or the beginning of a problem...havent dont any recent work except an oil change...all i have is SRI no h/e ummmm and thats all i can think of to help yall out. I do know one of my bolts on my valve cover pools oil so often and i need to pull it off and redo all the seals and gaskets..other then that she runs strong and quiet! Thanks for any comments!

anyone? im thinking im just burning a lil bit of oil but i want to be sure.

Comment

if you were burning oil it'd be more of a bluish color... coolant is more of a whitish color, are you sure its just not regular condensation?

Comment

like^^ he said. You might have you head gasket going bad. Coolant is leaking somewhere into the engine. have someone sit in your car and do that so you can diagnose. Just put your hand up the exhaust and smell. You'll know then.
        1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
        2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
        3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
        Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
        Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

depending on what kind of oil he's using it may burn another color. I've got the same thing except ALOT more smoke. Its my valve stem seals. Find out if your problem is coolant tho. If it has a sweet nauscious smell its probably coolant. If its oil it could be coming from a number of places
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yea its not coolant i know that. Umm it doesnt smell sweet or weird..just kind of like gas...like a little rich but not to extreme. It hasnt done it in a while but im thinking i need to just go ahead and replace the valve stems and gasket/seals all dat shit.

Comment

Working...
            X